Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Expensive Bird

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by redjones, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

The birds are endangered because of humans....just saying. For intentionally poaching an endangered specie the guy proved what a POS he is and deserves whatever he gets for punishment.

Blah blah about other crimes not having as severe of punishment. Sentences should be harsher for most crimes, Libtards, crappy parents and overcrowded prisons prevent that.

2. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Yep. Most of their $6.1 million annual budget comes from non-profits like the ICF, the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, Audobon, etc. The recovery program does get about $375K in grant money from the Feds and they used to pay about $1.5 million/year to operate a breeding facility at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, but they shut that down 3 or 4 years ago. In short, the Federal funds currently being used for whooping crane recovery amount to about $0.0025 per tax payer per year (or about $0.13 every 50 years).

goosenazi and FriedPotatoes like this.
  3. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Senior Refuge Member

you can take your facts and figures and shove it, I’m american and can water swat a bird if I want to, my value judgments mean more than anyone else’s and if you disagree with me I’ll question your common sense and call you a pansy liberal

4. Billy Bob

That about sums it up.

5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

theres isn’t a bird on this planet worth $85k (including punitive fines) unless it craps turds made of gold

Sdduck and tcc like this.
  6. Billy Bob

[Any "man" and I use that word loosely, that would knowingly kill an endangered specie isn't worth the $ the bird is. That's a piece of scum, not a man.

Who are the ones sounding like liberal snowflakes here? Sounding the same as libtards...justifying being a POS like rioters....It sure as heck isn't the guys supporting the fine.

Ramblingman likes this.
  7. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Senior Refuge Member

that’s your opinion. It’s worth noting that Louisiana is known for being a place where these birds get shot often. Punish is meant to be a deterrent to future crime. Maybe the justice system already tried being lenient and it hasn’t worked?

Billy Bob likes this.
  8. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Two birds... Not being worth it is kind of the point, isn't it?

9. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

It would be interesting to see how much of the fine they actually pay.

10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

people putting animals, especially a dumb bird, on a Disney level pedestal seems pretty snowflake-y to me

Sdduck likes this.