Fallin' Feather Duck club

Ange

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Never been to the south, hell, I haven't been east of the Mississippi!
Spoke with the outfitter, and yes there is green timber available, but if the birds aren't using it neither will we, which will be just fine.
Looking forward to visiting AR, as it's a bucket list item for most waterfowlers myself included.
Leaning more towards late season as big game takes precedence starting Oct-Dec.
should be a fun time.
In the meantime I feel like my beard game isn't up to par with AR, but I'll try lol.
The southern experience for this CA fella will be great, I have no doubts.
Some of us are old school. We shave every day, wear wing tips with suits when the occassion calls for it, etc. You don’t have to have a beard to kill a Duck. Nothing against a beard. I called on refineries and chemical plants for a few years where I could not have facial hair due to the respirator fit. I can’t break the habit of shaving daily.

You have to come when the Ducks come. I lived out of state for 29 years. We came back home 5 years ago. When my late Father called to tell me the Ducks were here, I left on the spot and got back here.

Last edited:

Ange

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The deadliest combination in late Arkansad occurs when the rice fields are fozen solid but there is clean water deep enough in the flooded green Timber to stay open overnight. It’s deadly. A Duck Boat with Duck Blind is the ticket. The last hunt I ever made with my father was just this in January of 2010. I do not stretch the truth when I tell you there were a thousand Ducks on the water when we motored in to the area where we hunted it was barely a hole. We sat in the darl before daylight and it was freightening, surreal and wonderful all at the same time listening to all the hens in the dark. As always, God in His infinite, sovereign wisdom knew what the future held. He was merfiful and gracious and the last hunt with Dad was unbelievble. We were busting ice at the boat ramp with sledge hammers to get the boats in. By 8:00 AM, we were done. Another boat came in on us and my Father said: “ Let em’ have it. “. That was my Father. In my younger days, we would have sat in on the hole and come back the next day. That was greed.

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
IMO, the best timber hunting occurs on dry years when rice fields get stale, and the river floods into the woods....... ducks abandon price completely, and hit timber hard. In that scenario, if you can get under the biomass ( of ducks), watch out!

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The deadliest combination in late Arkansad occurs when the rice fields are fozen solid but there is clean water deep enough in the flooded green Timber to stay open overnight. It’s deadly. A Duck Boat with Duck Blind is the ticket. The last hunt I ever made with my father was just this in January of 2010. I do not stretch the truth when I tell you there were a thousand Ducks on the water when we motored in to the area where we hunted it was barely a hole. We sat in the darl before daylight and it was freightening, surreal and wonderful all at the same time listening to all the hens in the dark. As always, God in His infinite, sovereign wisdom knew what the future held. He was merfiful and gracious and the last hunt with Dad was unbelievble. We were busting ice at the boat ramp with sledge hammers to get the boats in. By 8:00 AM, we were done. Another boat came in on us and my Father said: “ Let em’ have it. “. That was my Father. In my younger days, we would have sat in on the hole and come back the next day. That was greed.
When the skinny water froze and I had to break ice has always been a sure-thing hunt where I go. The ducks get plain stupid on yuh.
Hope for that type of weather....anticipate...then forecast says solid rain. Go anyway its arkansas anything can happen. ;)

Jim smith

Reaction score
Anybody have the lowdown on this place? Good/bad/indifferent I'd like to hear your experience.
Purchased a hunt last night with my hunting buddy at a CWA dinner.
Both of us have hunted both private/public for big game/waterfowl for 40+years on the West coast and have always wanted to visit AR for a timber hunt, thus here is our chance.
Thanks fellas, Steve
Hello, im a guide at Fallin Feathers Duck Club. We do offer a GREAT opportunity of green timber hunting. We have several privately owned large tracks of flooded timber around Dave Donaldson WMA. We are fortunate enough to hunt next to the Black and Current rivers that flow through our area. We look forward to hunting with you.
If you would like to speak with me feel free to call me @ 815-341-4001
Thanks Smitty.

Jim smith

Reaction score
Anybody have the lowdown on this place? Good/bad/indifferent I'd like to hear your experience.
Both of us have hunted both private/public for big game/waterfowl for 40+years on the West coast and have always wanted to visit AR for a timber hunt, thus here is our chance.
Thanks fellas, Steve
Fallinfeathersduckclub.com

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hello, im a guide at Fallin Feathers Duck Club. We do offer a GREAT opportunity of green timber hunting. We have several privately owned large tracks of flooded timber around Dave Donaldson WMA. We are fortunate enough to hunt next to the Black and Current rivers that flow through our area. We look forward to hunting with you.
If you would like to speak with me feel free to call me @ 815-341-4001
Thanks Smitty.

Good to hear. I get a lot of folks asking who to book for flooded timber, and I only have a couple of names to give them.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, Steve
Just got a note back from a friend of mine in that area. He knows the outfit well and says they are really good.

CookMan

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I will call Randy at the Cache River blind..