California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Favorite Bourbon? Go!

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by pgquackstacker, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Allinodad

Allinodad Senior Refuge Member

I hear ya! Just picked these fellas up. Been sippin on Larceny for bourbon lately but I’m mainly a Laphroaig and Lagavulin guy. Cheers

2. schmidtty

schmidtty Senior Refuge Member

Blanton's is just excellent... One I didn't see mentioned, maybe I missed it, is 1792.

3. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Been a little more than a year since I had this. Very unique. There is the ever so slight hint of salt from these barrels being aged on ships. It is very enjoyable.

This bourbon started out as an experiment with just three bourbon barrels on Trey’s friend, Chris Fischer of OCEARCH’s ship, in a curious effort to discover what would happen if bourbon was left to weather the extreme elements: temperature fluctuations, salt air and the gentle rocking of the ship. The result was a thick, dark bourbon that showcases complex flavors reminiscent of other spirits; the almost black color and caramel flavors resemble a dark rum as the sugars within the barrels caramelized; the briny, savory taste from the barrels breathing the sea air is reminiscent of Islay Scotch; and at its core, it’s a true bourbon. Due to a massive demand from consumers, Trey has now commercialized this experiment and sent hundreds of barrels around the world. Each voyage of Jefferson’s Ocean typically crosses the equator four times, visits five continents and over 30 ports on an average sailing.

[​IMG]

RiceHunter likes this.
  4. booneshaya

booneshaya Senior Refuge Member

Love that story. Gonna have to try it based on curiosity. Bulleit is my go to. Good sippin’ and good mixin’ And the price won’t hurt ya either.

black brant likes this.
  5. ditchbanker

ditchbanker Elite Refuge Member

A H Hirsch
    16, 18, 20
    20 was the best liquid ever created
    Ever

6. Pistol

Pistol Senior Refuge Member

Jefferson's Ocean is my go-to.

RiceHunter likes this.
  7. Pistol

A nice after dinner palate cleanser, but I still prefer my before dinner (and after Cartavio) bourbon.

8. Pistol

Plus 1!

9. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Pulled this out of the cabinet last night, forgot it was in there, it should be on the to-do list. The other Hickory Hill is just okay, but this 12 year is pretty decent. Around $50.

[​IMG]

freefall and pgquackstacker like this.
  10. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

I typically drink any good gift(ieFree) Scotch, backed up by my supply of Jack Daniels. But, recently I finished a gift (ieFree) bottle of Woodford Reserve. Liked it a lot.