Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Favorite duck stamps?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Aunt Betty, Mar 17, 2021.

Which one?

1. Honker

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Mallard couple

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

I have a full set through 2000. The third stamp 1936 has always been my favorite. IMG_7103.jpeg

2. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Maybe it was 99? IIRC Bluebills with a boat in the distant background with a dog in the front

3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Yep 99....

Might be time for that Allzhiemers checkup?

4. nobands

nobands Elite Refuge Member

These are my prized collection.
    These were my grandfather's, which I was named after.
    He passed before I was born would have loved to spend a day hunting with him , or just doing chores on his 40 acres of paradise. 20210318_200237.jpg 20210318_200627.jpg
    I have to sort them ,but I believe I have all of my dad's and most of mine

5. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

I've got most of mine (Fed and State) from back in the late 80s when I started waterfowl hunting , unfortunately mine are all signed not worth a penny but will someday look cool in a frame ... Hate signing the stamps although I've got about 8 or 9 unsigned as I never hunted a refuge for bout that many yrs , started honker hunting exclusively and man it was great not dealing with idiots every time I hunted .... Kinda cool to look back at them once in a while ..

6. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

The Ding Darling stamp is still one of my favorites, as is the King Buck stamp, even though that one caused the Fed to change their rules.

Honestly I know they aren’t “artwork” but the ones done in single color, like actual stamps, are my favorites.

The Hautmans changed duck stamp artwork forever with the focus on more realism and less “sporting art”. They set the bar over guys like LeBlanc, Reese, Kouba, etc.

nobands likes this.
  7. iaduckhunter

iaduckhunter Senior Refuge Member

My father in law is an avid stamp collector. My son is not so Grandpa figured my son would latch onto the duck stamp. Over the course of two years they purchased and put together every federal duck stamp. I keep him up to date each year purchasing the stamps and grandpa gets him the pages and mounts for his stamps. My son is 15 so he understands what the collection means. Some are signed some are mint still a neat collection.

8. nobands

The 2023 Duck stamp contest is at Drake University in Des Moines. It's only a 35 minute drive for me , I'd like to get there to see it.
    The King Buck stamp is one I'd like to have.
    I named my first dog King , I'd read his story , it's kinda amazing if you haven't read the whole story of the dog.

rhpierce likes this.
  9. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

your grandfather was named nobands? :scratch :dv

10. nobands

Ya oddly he never shot any either !!