Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Favorite Retailer for Fowl Hunting

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by DisplacedDuck, Dec 7, 2021.

What is your preferred Fowl Hunting Retailer?

1. Cabela’s / Bass Pro

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Roger’s Sporting Goods

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
  3. Presley Outdoors

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sportsman’s Warehouse

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Final Flight

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Mack’s Prairie Wings

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. Other

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. DisplacedDuck

DisplacedDuck Senior Refuge Member

I’ve always thought the most humbling, but also the most motivating, criticism is criticism that was not asked for, or being passed over for what turned out to be good reason.

So in hopes that some retailers are out there listening, please let us know your favorite retailer and why so.

If you care to share some bad experiences with other retailers feel free to as well—but keep it civil. This is meant to be an “atta-boy” thread, not a “do-better” one.

2. DisplacedDuck

DisplacedDuck Senior Refuge Member

I’ll go first. Roger’s Sporting Goods for sure. Good products. Competitive prices. Shipping seems reasonable enough. Nothing flashy but zero complaints.

I used to love Cabela’s, but I’ve felt like within the past 3-4 years—since the merger—their waterfowl stock has suffered and their best quality—their product endorsement and customer service—didn’t go away totally, but slipped a little as well.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I buy most of my stuff at the local stores around here. Bass Pro for some stuff when I'm near one.

stoneyhu717 likes this.
  4. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

I live 10 minutes from Presleys so they are my goto place. Rogers is my 2nd for sure.

lakeman likes this.
  5. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Rogers for most things followed by Macks if Rogers is out of stock and things are on sale For guns hands down Reeds

dog duck gun and SEKhunter like this.
  6. DuckDuckGoosee

DuckDuckGoosee New Member

Final Flight for me just because I live close to them and know some of the employees. Rogers is second though.

stoneyhu717 likes this.
  7. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

I’ve bought from most of these over the years… never heard of Presley Outdoors though. Cabelas has become mostly a disappointment since the Bass Pro buyout. Scheels isn’t on your list; may now be my new favorite brick and mortar option.

But the truth is if I’m buying anything that is just Hecho en Chine I’m just shopping for the best price. If I’m trying to get something made in the USA I’ve gotten great tips on this forum and usually gone right to the manufacturer.

8. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Always liked Final Flight for their ammunition and proximity. Mack’s is a close second. The boys prefer Mack’s and the trip down 49.

9. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Rogers is my #1.

But sometimes I find some great deals in the 4th page if Google at some hole in the wall sports shop. Specially on the brand that shall not be named.

10. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

I get a lot from Rogers or Mack’s these days.

I used to like cabelas and we had one locally but they’ve gotten so bad lately.

For in store stuff locally we also have fleet farm and scheels. Neither of which are too bad

OneShotBandit likes this.