Favorite semi auto

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Eyehunter83, Jul 20, 2019.

1. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Build quality has definitely tanked for most firearms, while profit margins have continued to climb. Seems most spend more overhead on advertising and promotions, while cutting back on QC and materials.

2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Don't forget barrel stickers, some couldn't shoot with out their barrel stickers :l

ronaldo likes this.
  3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I have a very reliable and soft shooting 11/87.

Vahunter and duckbuster2 like this.
  4. S.davis

S.davis New Member

Berettas in particular seem more cheaply made with every iteration or silly little “x” or “plus” they put on product. There’s obviously some technological advancement, some of which is straight gimmickry, some of which seems legitimately effective, and the guns by and large function well, but I don’t know how one could argue with a straight face that the materials and assembly of even the most expensive beretta are not cheaper than they were 25 years ago.

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

You could well be right on that $500.

But, then, we have to look at the supply chain:
    Costs Benelli (Beretta Holding) $500 to make the gun.
    Benelli sells the gun to Benelli USA for $700 ($200 profit, not much).
    Benelli USA sells the gun to a US distributor for $900 ($200 profit).
    Distributor sells it to a dealer for $1100 ($200 profit).
    Dealer sells it to your BIL for $1300 ($200 profit).
    The numbers are off the top of my head, but that's pretty much how it works.

Drake91 likes this.
  6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Don't forget advertising costs

10GAGENUT likes this.
  7. 10GAGENUT

Never will I say they are cheaply made as I've shot enough SBE's and SBE2'2 that they aren't that, just a very simple design that's cheap to manufacture.
    It may be just good advertising and marketing as Native stated which is one of the things I never understood. Benelli could ask $2000 or more for their shotguns and a lot of people would pay it and Browning is afraid to re introduce the original Auto 5 and charge what they need to make a profit???

Drake91 likes this.
  8. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

I'm one of them guys call me a fan boy or whatever... I own a few benellis an they never let me down... might seem to simple of a gun for the price but I'll pay the money for em... not saying other guns are garbage compared to benelli alot of nice autos out there to pick but mine will always be benellis

9. 10GAGENUT

Like they old saying goes you pay your money and take your choice, I may not shoot what your shooting but it really doesn't matter as it's not my gun !!

Drake91 and OneShotBandit like this.
  10. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

With so many Franky parts, I’d guess around $250 or less in net cost of goods...

Lots of overhead follows the gun to it’s final destination though...

All standard Benellis are probably around $900 in cost just before being shipped out to the dealers...