FBI has raided Trump’s Mar a Lago home.

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You mean one of the most unpopular political figures of our time who literally no one likes?

The emails that probably literally cost her the election?

The one that had a 3 year investigation into her handling of said emails.

The one you're bringing up 10 years later?
Yeah, but they didn't kick her door down, and she committed actual crimes.

yellowlab03

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not all docs are equal and intent matters.

I'll continue to withhold judgement.

Old Man Biden was my first thought. Not gonna lie. Figured it out though.

Why would she or people working for her intentionally take S/TS documents off of completely isolated networks and place them on a "dirty" internet server that any one of our near/peer adversaries could have accessed? Infinitely different than someone boxing up papers and stashing them in a room that no one had access to. And there's the fact that the president has ultimate declassification authority. Which to be honest is absolutely insane to me.

Dudes get their iPhones degaussed and crushed all the time for simply plugging them into sipr on accident. Then they get counseling statements. Do it more than once and you can lose your clearance.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why would she or people working for her intentionally take S/TS documents off of completely isolated networks and place them on a "dirty" internet server that any one of our near/peer adversaries could have accessed? Infinitely different than someone boxing up papers and stashing them in a room that no one had access to. And there's the fact that the president has ultimate declassification authority. Which to be honest is absolutely insane to me.

Dudes get their iPhones degaussed and crushed all the time for simply plugging them into sipr on accident. Then they get counseling statements. Do it more than once and you can lose your clearance.

And the emails are widely available, see if you can find a threat to national security.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not all docs are equal and intent matters.

I'll continue to withhold judgement.

Old Man Biden was my first thought. Not gonna lie. Figured it out though.
Oh, now now, you know the term orange man bad very well.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The news was saying tonight that Obama hid files in an abandoned furniture warehouse.

IMOO

Phil N

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Clearance is only a part of the equation. Someone with TSC can't just go and look at any documents they want, whenever they want. There also has to be a "need to know." Also, having TSC does not allow one to circumvent the legal requirements for storing and handling classified documents and NDI or allow them to retain them in their possession once they no longer have a "need to know" or

allow them to not return them to their rightful custodian when requested by that custodian

Yes, the president does have the authority to declassify, but there is a procedure that must be followed after he does so. The information must be marked as such so that others who see it know that it is no longer classified and treat it as such. The originator of the information must be informed so that they know how to handle future dissemination of that information (and closely related information) to others. It's a whole, "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" situation. So, if a president declassifies a document and doesn't tell anyone (either verbally, in writing, or by marking the document as such), is that document actually declassified? Realistically it wouldn't be because for all the rest of the world knows, that information is still classified so it will be handled as such and there will be consequences for mishandling it.

As far as NDI goes, while it can technically be declassified, it remains "sensitive" and by federal statute must be treated almost exactly like it is still classified. In other words, the president can change how it is labeled (classified), but that doesn't change its status as NDI which by law must be handled in a certain way, regardless of its classification.

Bennett can you please post a link to the official process a president must follow to declassify documents? While what you posted makes sense, and I agree with it in principle, the information I've been able to find is vague and doesn't indicate there is an official process that must be followed.

Latest posts