FBI has raided Trump’s Mar a Lago home.

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bennett can you please post a link to the official process a president must follow to declassify documents? While what you posted makes sense, and I agree with it in principle, the information I've been able to find is vague and doesn't indicate there is an official process that must be followed.
I know it is hard to be patient, but no matter how intricately they weave, eventually all fantasies collapse. They can perform evidentiary calisthenics all they want, eventually it comes to an end and the truth is revealed to those who know how to see it.

J.Bennett

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bennett can you please post a link to the official process a president must follow to declassify documents? While what you posted makes sense, and I agree with it in principle, the information I've been able to find is vague and doesn't indicate there is an official process that must be followed.
While the President has discretionary declassification power the fact that he doesn’t have to request a review from the originating agency/department to get something declassified, he (or his office) must still follow procedures with regards to notifying the originating agency/department (since the declassification will impact the storage/dissemination of that information and other related information) and he (or his office) must also follow procedure with regards to markings found on the information (which I think is important in this instance since the markings are what is being used to determine classification status).

§ 2001.25 Declassification markings.
(a) General. A uniform security classification system requires that standard markings be applied to declassified information. Except in extraordinary circumstances, or as approved by the Director of ISOO, the marking of declassified information shall not deviate from the following prescribed formats. If declassification markings cannot be affixed to specific information or materials, the originator shall provide holders or recipients of the information with written instructions for marking the information. Markings shall be uniformly and conspicuously applied to leave no doubt about the declassified status of the information and who authorized the declassification.
(b) The following markings shall be applied to records, or copies of records, regardless of media:
(1) The word, ‘‘Declassified;’’
(2) The identity of the declassification authority, by name and position, or by personal identifier, or the title and date of the declassification guide. If the identity of the declassification authority must be protected, a personal identifier may be used or the information may be retained in agency files.
(3) The date of declassification; and
(4) The overall classification markings that appear on the cover page or first page shall be lined with an ‘‘X’’ or straight line. An example might appear as:

SECRET
Declassified by David Smith, Chief, Division 5, August 17, 2008

Also, while the final rule linked to above doesn’t specifically mention the procedures that the President must follow, it is the established process/procedures that the Executive branch must follow and the courts have ruled that declassification, even by the President, must follow established procedures.

As I mentioned before though, the question of whether or not the documents have been declassified is a red herring since it is irrelevant to the statutes under which the warrant was issued.

Last edited:

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean one of the most unpopular political figures of our time who literally no one likes?

The emails that probably literally cost her the election?

The one that had a 3 year investigation into her handling of said emails.

The one you're bringing up 10 years later?
Her emails don't bother me as bad as the fact she is responsible for those guys dying in Benghazi. I don't care if it had happened 40 years ago, I'd still hate her guts and would like to read her obits.

yellowlab03

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
These same trolls, go back under your bridge, are the same trolls that would be calling for a lynching if it had been a democrat with classified info at their house

The same guys here calling for Trumps lynching are the same guys ignoring HRC's server, Hunter Biden, Eric Swalwell... see how that works? You don't see any semblance of your own hypocrisy do you?

We can go round and round. The only difference between us and y'all is that you guys have a documented history of falsifying documents and information and lying to go after Trump. Y'all could care less about the above mentioned people so why should we care that a former president had documents in boxes behind multiple locked doors and armed secret service guards 24/7?

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

capefearflyfox

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
These same trolls, go back under your bridge, are the same trolls that would be calling for a lynching if it had been a democrat with classified info at their house
Yeah... okay newb with less than a hundred post count that only participates in the PAF.

You're soooo kewl, brobot. :l :l :l

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You know what I am saying. Stupid word parsing is a waste of my time.
Oh are you like that whack job lefties just exaggerating again?

What you claimed is not true again. LMAO :l:l:l:l:l:l:l

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Her emails don't bother me as bad as the fact she is responsible for those guys dying in Benghazi. I don't care if it had happened 40 years ago, I'd still hate her guts and would like to read her obits.

Don't stop there.

Enabling Bill.
Destroying Lewinski.
Assassinations.
Fighting the Bernie Bros.

The list is long and distinguished...(topgun.gif) and everyone has a valid reason for hating her guts.

Latest posts