Elite Refuge Member
- Dec 19, 2004
- Reaction score
- Salem, Oregon
Are you capable of determining on your own the purity and weight of gold and silver?What are these physical limitations you speak of? That fact that is a actual physical object you can hold and verify versus an imaginary place holder in a ledger?
The benefits are too many to list but here are a few:
1)Historic track record. When fiat fails people have always gone back to precious metals, every time. Maybe this time is different?
2) 5000 years as a money.
3) intrinsic value used in industrial and jewelry applications.
4) does not require internet and computers but could still benefit from their use. Without silver there is no internet or computers.
5) cannot be created from other materials. There are thousands of crypto coins that compete with Bitcoin many are better.
6) not a derivative of the dollar but is what the dollar is a derivative of.
7) actually physic material not imaginary tokens on the ether webs
8) it can represent itself. When ever I see a image of a Bitcoin it is always a gold coin. Why is that?
9) many central banks are buying record amounts of gold. Only El Salvador is buying Bitcoin and they have huge losses from those purchases near the peak.
10) Russia and China are leading BRICS into a new currency scheme and both hoarding record amounts for gold. Bitcoin has been outlawed in China and Russia.
11) if made illegal Bitcoin would be hard to transact in, hide, and bury.
12) Peter Schiff was right
13) Fort Knox has not been audited by a third party recently.
Shall I go on?
The fact that fort Knox hasn't been audited is a fundamental problem with gold and silver. You must trust others to hold it for you.
Russia and China are hoarding gold because they trust each other as much as they trust us.
Yes, crypto can be circumvented by government. That's the point of stopping them from doing so via the legislation DeSantis is proposing. Stopping a CBDC is the first step but digital currency is inevitable.