Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

"Feel Free To Hunt" Farm Closures

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by strafer, Oct 23, 2006.

1. strafer

strafer Senior Refuge Member

After grouse hunting yesterday, drove to a couple of Elma farms that for years were open to public hunting. Both were covered with POSTED: NO HUNTING signs. Lease casualties or have slob hunters ruined other hunter's access yet again? :mad:

2. Richard

Richard Elite Refuge Member

No Longer in Bremerton, WA... Now is the Sunny Tri
    strafer~

Which farms are "no tresspasing" now?

3. drakebuster43

drakebuster43 Senior Refuge Member

It seems like the Game and Fish dept. have just dropped the program. Every year more and more places that have been feel free to hunt are getting taken out and posted. I don't know what the deal is but hunters are really pilling up in the few areas that are still open and it looks a little scary.

4. MallardAddict

MallardAddict Elite Refuge Member

i have no confirmation but heard that Bil Goers farm was one of the two closed. never great hunting there btu have shot more then a few birds off his place over the years.:mad:

5. Richard

Awwwwwww crap..... :mad:

6. SCTC

SCTC Elite Refuge Member

It's happening on the east side, too. Lost a hunt by written permission property on a very productive creek bottom for roosters near Prescott when some druggies stole a bunch of equipment and tools from the farmers shed. :mad:

7. Rocket Red

Rocket Red Refuge Member

I drove by the (Bill) Geores farm yesterday, and I didn't look to see if he had shut down the public hunting or not. I know it was stressing him out quite a bit (hunter competition, fences getting wrecked, swans getting shot, etc.). I will take a look at the place in the next few days, and if I see him any time will ask him. Before the Feel Free to Hunt signs were put up, we hunted there for years, it could be outstanding. The ice storm of '96 is a day there I will never forget.

The Gordon farm out on SR 12 has been turned into a leased property. There are two public areas remaining in the Elma area and competition is fierce. I avoid them at all costs.

Unless the state and the feds start buying up land, the lower Chehalis will become a story of the haves and have-nots.

8. strafer

Bill's farm is one of them. I know that the property that borders his towards the river is a leased area, just wondering if they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. My son and I have had some awesome,and not so awesome, days there in the past. Didn't hunt there much last year but was looking forward to this year. :(

9. strafer

Sorry, Richard. The other farm was a dairy farm more towards Oakville. Had a little swale that would fill up with water and we had some great shoots in there.

10. Richard

Strafer~

'thanks'....:(

I need to go down there and do some road scouting and find what's open and what's not....

What really sucks is that area is no longer a "special" goose area and I was looking forward to putting a whackage on them this year