Feral hogs in western Colorado

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
North east Ohio to Western Slope, Colorado
Only been here a couple years. Most folks I've spoke to have never seen them here. This one I came across was dead, but I'm more concerned because the game agency doesn't seem to give a rip in finding out if there are more....

Attachments

• 49264F0D-A76D-4470-A7FB-024270528A68.jpeg
    49264F0D-A76D-4470-A7FB-024270528A68.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 65

Triple BB

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have a relative who lives southwest of Pueblo. This was probably 15 years ago. He had a pic of a feral hog on his property. Took it the local warden who advised someone’s pig must’ve got out. Then he showed him a pic with a bunch of tracks from the same location. Warden it was probably the same pig. My uncle said whatever and left.

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
North east Ohio to Western Slope, Colorado
Good area for chuckar....have never seen hogs there.
Run across some red legged devil tracks there! And yea from conversations nobody has. Domestic hogs go feral in 6 months so maybe some jack wagon set one loose but the lack of concern to look into the situation kind of gets under my skin with how destructive they are

Birdcrazy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Run across some red legged devil tracks there! And yea from conversations nobody has. Domestic hogs go feral in 6 months so maybe some jack wagon set one loose but the lack of concern to look into the situation kind of gets under my skin with how destructive they are
CPW knows more than you might think they do. Thats why they come across as though they don't care. In 31 years here, have never heard anyone talk of hogs in the area. I hunt with alot of born and bread locals....never a word.

Squaller

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They’re going to migrate all over. I give it 10 years before they get up here.

waterrat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you think there aren't feral hogs in your territory, you're wrong. Just because your good ol boys haven't seen them doesn't mean a thing. They're the scourge of our continent. Just wait and see. We kill them on sight.