Feral hogs in western Colorado

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
North east Ohio to Western Slope, Colorado
CPW knows more than you might think they do. Thats why they come across as though they don't care. In 31 years here, have never heard anyone talk of hogs in the area. I hunt with alot of born and bread locals....never a word.
I'm not saying they don't know anything, I'm saying show some level of interest when someone calls something in. It might not be a poaching case but showing zero interest is what keeps people from reporting things in the future.

salthunter

Reaction score
They’re going to migrate all over. I give it 10 years before they get up here.
I dont think they will make it through our part of
Idaho at least not for a while.

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
There have been reports of feral hogs in Elmore County. Same attitude from F&G. They don't want to talk about it. I think when they get reports, they hunt them hard and hope to put the genie back in the bottle. I think they believe that this is an illegal stocking someone (who wants to hunt hogs) brought in.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The damage hogs can do is unimaginable for most folks unless they’ve seen/experienced it first hand like me. I’ve killed way more than I’ll admit to … both marked and unmarked. There should be a national bounty on their heads with sows being worth twice that of a boar.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
There have been reports of feral hogs in Elmore County. Same attitude from F&G. They don't want to talk about it. I think when they get reports, they hunt them hard and hope to put the genie back in the bottle. I think they believe that this is an illegal stocking someone (who wants to hunt hogs) brought in.
A game warden in Oklahoma put me on a herd of porkers and wished me good hunting. However, he did make me promise not to use explosives or calibers larger than .50.