Decoy Forum Sponsors

Field Full bodies

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by heveshot, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Bluesclues

Bluesclues Refuge Member

Nightmare?

600 + full bodies in a permanent spread, targeting large flocks of the late season migration. Or.... 600 + full bodies in a permanent spread, targeting returning spring snows. Either of those scenarios would be a dream.

And since I'm dreaming, throw in a couple spacious pit blinds that have heat, power, kitchenette, big screen TV and a bed, on my own privately owned cut pea fields, and now we're talking.

To each their own though.

2. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

One season I worked, not played, for almost 3 weeks painting pits and setting up spreads.
    Ever dealt with semi trailer fulls of fbds?
    Snakes?
    600 is a lot. It'd take 3 or 4 trips with an atv pulling a 16 foot car trailer. Thats 4 cases of beer and ...yeah it's a lot of fun.

Bluesclues likes this.
  3. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

31493.jpeg I have been tinkering around with the idea of replacing my canada full body rig which consist of 15 bigfoot originals. All custom air painted with flocked heads and have killed a bunch of birds over the years.

I saw these final approach full bodies on Roger's last year and bought a dozen on sale. Evidently they were being phased out with FA coming out with a softer plastic but they haven't released anything yet. Only hunted over them a couple times but so far so good as the only problem I had was a goose falling on one and snapping a head off but got a replacement pretty quickly.

Dr Swane likes this.
  4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I've dealt with many, many, many semi trailers and shipping containers full of decoys. Most full bodies I've helped put out for one hunt was 1,600, and two big enclosed trailers handled them.

5. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

we used to deploy a giant rig for the last week of the season. typically a friend and myself would go down in the evening and put the rig out. It has been a while since I have put out anything over 4-500 goose decoys and normally just put out 5-10 dozen unless we have an X feed going on and may then only put out 2 to 3 dozen.

6. heveshot

heveshot Refuge Member

Yep, nightmare for me, turned 65 this year, retired and mostly me and the dog on these field hunts, best hunts are some snow, 5 full bodies and my layout, take my three birds and more goose breasts for jerky.

dog duck gun likes this.
  7. Bluesclues

Bluesclues Refuge Member

That I understand.

heveshot likes this.
  8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Jerky...mm
    Good eatin

heveshot likes this.
  9. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

it’s borderline an army and probably 3-4 Enclosed trailers. But ideally I’ll get away from that this year. The 10-15 person groups are fun when you’re lining birds up. But I prefer 4-6 guys.

Birdcrazy likes this.