California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Final Week of Season and luck on your reservations.

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Baldplate, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Baldplate

Baldplate Senior Refuge Member

Good NVR for the Wed 27th, but zero for final Saturday. Sunday has not been posted. Good luck everyone.

2. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

I put in for every Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday this month at 9 different refuges. Didn't draw a single hunt. Also put in for 12 different chances for CWA hunts and didn't get any draws there either! It's a good thing I don't have to rely on them to shoot a few birds! We are still doing pretty well on public land. My son and I have taken 69 birds in 7 hunts since he got here just after Christmas. No divers other than cans, and no trash ducks with the exception of 2 spoonies which I don't personally have a problem with. I was hoping for a couple draw hunts to try and get my son a cinnamon teal since they don't get them over on the East Coast where he lives. He was just trying to check off a new species.

3. SpoonySmacker

SpoonySmacker Senior Refuge Member

Nothing for the last weeks for me, dad, or girlfriend. Buddy got #2 at San Luis for the 30th. Time to bust out our new $8K e-bikes.

AJCsurf, freefall, partyfowl and 2 others like this.
  4. green with ring

green with ring Elite Refuge Member

I put in for every shoot day in January at 10 refuge's (me, gf, grandson) and got 10 reservations back so far. Three days with no reservations and those were earlier in this month. During October and November we didn't put in for every shoot day but we did in December and January (10 refuge's). We got back 38 reservations so far. Me 13, gf 18, grandson 7. Got a lot of single digits ones. In past years I haven't had good luck being successful on reservations.

5. partyfowl

partyfowl Senior Refuge Member

Can't wait till my twins can put in.

6. DERODOM

DERODOM Elite Refuge Member

Seahawk18, CalBaer and freefall like this.
  7. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My wife put in for every Sat and Sun at Llano Seco and have been drawn ZERO times .. I had her put in for them because I'd have No luck at all if it wernt for bad luck .. Turns out her luck is No better than mine for the last 2 yrs we've been drawn ZERO times ... So won't be wasting money on this again . It should be first come first serve ...like Mendota still is a ressie line and sweat line ....The Lottery is bs ... Another thing they could do is that once you've been drawn , once at a refuge you can't be drawn again till others get a chance because I know people that get drawn a lot at the same refuge ... Just a pain in the ***... It used to be fun , but I'm no longer in my 30's and now it's just work for nothing so far this season .. Haven't even had but one duck to shoot at in 5 trips and we did kill it ... Damn spoony ... If we were screwing up flaring birds it would be different , but we're not even seeing any ducks to flare .... just high geese .. I'm glad it's about over ..
    It's why I'd much rather chase geese ..

8. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

Seen so many examples of the loop this year I stopped counting. Not only did it happen to me but many other buddies too.

Random odds though....rest assured because they said so. We are just imagining how dumb this really is.

Coach_quack, CalBaer and freefall like this.
  9. Dakillaofnada

Dakillaofnada Elite Refuge Member

38 ressies...since 2011 i havent drawn 20 total...

CalBaer and Dan Mallia like this.
  10. CalBaer

CalBaer Elite Refuge Member

The reservation crew needs a name to go along with a hat and bumper stickers:

Glenn’s Possey
    Ressie Renegades
    FUGU (crossed out)
    Loopsters
    1% ers

freefall and Mudtoes like this.