First alcohol purchase

Rudder

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
How old were you when you bought your first alcohol?
I was about 12 in the early 70's when my distant cousin, a generation older than me, gave me some money to go get him beer and cigars. The clerk in the country store in North Louisiana never blinked an eye. When my mother found out she was beside herself.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Purchase?
What?
My dad made it too easy and never kept track until he started finding the wrong brand in with his schlitz. The first time I bought beer I was 16 and my friends brother ran the store.
Too damn easy it was.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
2004? 16, mexico - snuck a bottle of (terrible) tequila home for my friends and I.

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
21 in a bar in Yemen. True story. Double of scotch on the rocks. I couldn’t finish it

Goosekiller

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
16, I had a flattop haircut and it had it's advantages I lived near a military base, the store clerks just thought I was in the military.

Shirleyshusband

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
16. Back then the drivers licenses were paper. Just got it wet and wrinkled then change two numbers. Go to the dmv and get a duplicate for the cops.

I remember the first time I used it I was sweating bullets!.

There was a drive thru convenience store in Milwaukee, kind of a rarity in our area. We'd put our nickles and dimes together to buy a couple quarts of beer for the guys and a fine bottle of Annie Green Springs for the girls.

Mort

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think I was about 13 or 14 when I had my first taste of alcohol. I drank Vodka straight out of the bottle on New Years Eve while my parents were away. My dad got me up early for some bacon and eggs. That cured me for a couple years. When I was 15, I started hanging around an older group of kids and Coors was the big hit. I think I was about 17 when I started hanging out out bars. Every once and awhile I would get kicked out for being under age. I probably spent more time in bars before I was 21 than I have after. I don't think I bought booze in a liquor store until I was probably 19 or 20. And...the older I get...the less I drink.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Legally, 19. Fort Bliss allowed service members to buy alcohol at the class VI.