Fishing 2015

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by pud123, Mar 23, 2015.

1. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

Not the most pleasant day out there. The sleet made for an interesting ride back in. Lost a couple of degrees of water temp in the river. Couldn't slow down enough out on the Bay with the wind so that was a bust. Only had 36-37 out on the Bay and 38-39 in the river.
    [​IMG]

2. trippersrookieyear

trippersrookieyear Elite Refuge Member

Friendship,WI/ A town in ND I've been told not to
    May and even in June I have caught them that shallow or in the dark in July and August. This was during the middle of the day when it was hot out in August the only time I have experienced it

3. trippersrookieyear

trippersrookieyear Elite Refuge Member

Friendship,WI/ A town in ND I've been told not to
    Was sand and rock bottom on a bright and hot August day. A unique pattern that I have only seen that one time

4. pud123

Finally a decent day to be on the water when we were off. Fished the Bay exclusively today. Plenty of fish out there and way fewer people to get in the way. Had some floating bergs to contend with on the way back in but pretty minor. I should have taken some video of us going into the spot we were this am, just didn't want the wives seeing us pushing through the skim ice for half a mile:eek::eek: Water temp is rising and the circus is in full swing on the river.
    [​IMG]
    We were well into the double digits in 4 hours or so today. Slippery buggers.
    [​IMG]
    Caught the new big fish of the year, just a touch longer than 27.5" Nice thick fish. Threw back lots of males and a few females.
    [​IMG]
    Some stable weather and this baby will get fun in a hurry.

5. Jasebear

Jasebear Senior Refuge Member

6. birdiii

birdiii Senior Refuge Member

Is it one walleye 15 in on the bay? I know its 28 in on the river. Thanks

7. Chenhyperborea

Chenhyperborea Elite Refuge Member

With the new regs here in Minnesota we can now fly fish year round .... here are a few from the last month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. pud123

Nice fish Chen. It is 1 fish over 15" on the Bay and 1 over 28" on the river. Should be a nice class of 18-20" fish this year. All but three fish today were that size.

9. Chenhyperborea

Chenhyperborea Elite Refuge Member

Thanks .... two of the Browns pictured are 18" and 19" - from the same stream where I caught my first Brown on a fly rod and my first 20 incher last Fall - and all just minutes from my house!

10. pud123

I hear someone on this board caught a dandy today. We are going to be out tomorrow and I'll post up some picks if we get lucky. We're going to try and get a big fish for my buddies kid.