Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Flash lights

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Bottomland hunter, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

What’s everybody using ?

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

3. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

4. goosnit

goosnit Elite Refuge Member

Is anyone using a rechargeable headlamp ? Any pros/cons ????

5. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

I have LED lights under the front and side gunnels and hard wired into my boat and a clip on light on my hat...I rarely ever have to reach for a flashlight any more.

BAYDOG likes this.
  6. Bottomland hunter

I bought my nephew and brother both a Cree rechargeable headlamp . Super bright !! It’ll shine about 10 acres long and 3 wide on the spot beam . We still like to back up flashlights .

goosnit likes this.
  7. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

I am running a rechargeable from Fenix. It is very bright with a number of lighting options but is still compact. It easily makes it thru a couple of hunts without recharging. To me rechargeable is the only way to go

goosnit likes this.
  8. Mack270

Mack270 Refuge Member

I run Zebralight 18650 rechargeable headlamps. I keep one with a floody beam in my wading vest for the swamp and another tighter beamed model in my blind bag for going out in the boat. You have to remove the battery to charge them but that makes the light more water resistant as opposed to anything with a charging port.

Flashlight wise for the boat I carry a Streamlight HL-3, which is brighter than the old Q beam spotlights and stays in my blind bag as a backup for the Stanley Fat Max spotlight we navigate with. No good rechargeable option for it but I like primary batteries for my backups.

In my vest I usually carry a backup, either a Surefire EDCL-1T or a Fenix LD30. I don't normally need this but I have been walking in an had a headlamp battery die on me with a 1/2 mile through the woods left to go.

Flashlights are a hobby for me as well and I enjoy finding the right tool for what I'm doing. Other headlamps I've used and like are the Princeton Tec Apex running eneloop rechargeable batteries and the Thrunite TH20 single AA headlamp.

goosnit likes this.
  9. Gmack

Gmack Refuge Member

This year I decided I was tired of the cheap lights dying every year. I looked over tons of lights and decided to try the Fenix HM65R (https://www.fenixlighting.com/product/fenix-hm65-rechargeable-headlamp/). It's a rechargeable with two lights, flood and spot. I have been very impressed with it. It's VERY bright and lasts a really long time. I've venture to say it would last 3-4 hunts. I love that there are separate buttons for flood and spot and also it stays at the brightness level when turned off/on.

goosnit likes this.
  10. Bottomland hunter

If your like me you hate switching through 4 settings to get to that one setting you want . I like to have the brightest setting all the time .