Flight 93 Memorial

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Flyway Forum' started by WetWad, Aug 22, 2021.

1. WetWad

WetWad Refuge Member

Looks like high of 68 low in the upper 40s. I got 2 more loads of oil to pull off the Ohio River tomorrow and then shake tail home so we can leave Thursday morning.
    I've been sharing yalls comments on here with my wife, she's excited about the covered bridges and the downtown Bedford area.
    We surely appreciate yall

2. MeatDog717

MeatDog717 Senior Refuge Member

Weather should be perfect. Have a safe trip

WetWad likes this.
  3. WetWad

WetWad Refuge Member

One other thing. I had a non resident PA ccw license for some time. However after mine expired yalls law got changed to where non residents could no longer apply via mail.
    Since we're gonna be out there I wonder if we could go to Somerset Co sherriffs office and apply for non resident licenses.
    I am trying to look at handgunlaws.us but it's tough to navigate on a mobile device.
    In the mean time while we're out there can we just dump our mags and put our carry guns in cases and be legal to merely transport them?

4. WetWad

WetWad Refuge Member

Made it! I'm a tell ya one thing. PA, is hard on gas milage and brakes
    Sure is pretty though

MeatDog717 likes this.
  5. MeatDog717

MeatDog717 Senior Refuge Member

Our roads suck. Let us know what you think of the memorial…I’d like to take my girls out there when they get old enough

6. WetWad

WetWad Refuge Member

Well we just got back to our resort. The memorial is very well put together, when I walked out to the end of the flight path deck I kind of choked up. The rangers there are very knowledgeable especially Ranger Gregory. I have watched his speech on YouTube 100 times and we get to meet him today. Super nice guy!

Attached Files:

7. WetWad

WetWad Refuge Member

Last evening I sat on the deck 9f our cabin and a few minutes later a mallard drake came right over my head. 10 minutes later a wad of little ducks came past(do yall have green wing teal here?)
    Then right at dark about 20 Canada's lit in the pond right here at the resort. It was awesome!
    I have to pull up a map of the US flyaway for perspective but I guess yall are in the Atlantic fly way out here. So I guess your ducks migrate here out of Ontario and Quebec???

8. Conewago duck'n

Conewago duck'n Senior Refuge Member

We have green wings here. We get some blue wings that pass through this time of year, especially after a nice little front like we just had.
    We get some migrators in Central PA, but most of our birds are local.

WetWad likes this.
  9. WetWad

WetWad Refuge Member

We just got back home to ILL ANNOY
    Yalls state is absolutely beautiful!

Conewago duck'n and MeatDog717 like this.