For all women, young and old, of hunting!

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by clubduckcrazy, Sep 28, 2021.

1. clubduckcrazy

clubduckcrazy New Member

I am almost 99% of the time in the company of male hunters. I can fish better than most, can navigate spot on from place to place, can hear anything that moves out there, can handle any weapon fairly well, know the rules of the wild lands, respect all wildlife, now when to keep my mouth shut and finally most importantly, I don't complain. You can learn all the attributes but the last one, you have to teach yourself. My query, although never actually spoken out loud, is why do the men around me always think everything is a competition when they are in the company of a woman (and most likely even when not)? I know the comments are all in good fun, and they are always eager to share a know-how trick, or tell me something that I am obviously ignorant of. I don't really see them doing this to the males of the group too often, but I am curious as to why any women in the group. I certainly don't want to be treated like 'one of the guys', but more like 'one of the hunters'. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? Did you say something? And, even though they know your skills, does it continue each time?

I am just totally curious, that's all! :)

2. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Guys are guys and it's a verbal mental competition even when you're not there. If they're acting up like that they're saying you're in. Go with the flow.
    Poke back if you have to. ;)

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

You are hunting with the wrong 'men'. I have taken several women hunting. Not a competition, just a partner.

hunting1 and clubduckcrazy like this.
  4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

My daughter was a tournament bass fisherman, she fit in well. The bass club was about 40 % women. More of a family thing.

Its part of the natural makeup of men , Really! That whole "men are from Mars"
    testosrone does that to us. For real. Just like the strutting peacock or a rutting bull elk, and as you may have noticed, men and men around women , guys get, stupid sometimes

I grew up with brothers. My wife and I only have three daughters.

Tuleman likes this.
  5. Clark

Clark Elite Refuge Member

I usually hunt alone, occasionally with my son, and rarely my DIL is able to go. When she graces me with her presence, I want desperately for things to go right so she has a good time and will come again. So, she is not just "One of the hunters" to me.

6. That’sMyDog

That’sMyDog New Member

I have hunted with men & women and have found everyone to be kind and generous and we all love to share our stories! I am treated as a “ hunter” but Men & Women?? Viva la difference!!!