Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Free Stuff

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Timber Hole, Apr 11, 2021.

1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

When we were kids my brother and I knocked on doors and dug through farmer junk piles,.. lots and lots of old barn electrical ,, we recycled so many neat weathervane-lightning rods ,. and just tossed or broke the globes,..
    Ive given away free lots of good tires

2. Pheasantpete

Pheasantpete Senior Refuge Member

What's wrong with 10 mowers? Seriously what's wrong with that?

kdog likes this.
  3. Pheasantpete

If anyone likes to Sanford & Son Bloomington MN is having their annual curbside cleanup over the next 3 weekends. Best time to pickup is Wednesday & Thursday afternoons. Friday is a circus. Found some nice dekes in a mesh bag last year plus a couple of decent Toro snowblowers. Screenshot_20210407-165253.png

4. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

For me....it's just 1 mower I cut grass with and 9 that are all gummed up and not running. :l

Pheasantpete likes this.
  5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Wasn’t there a show on about this? What was it called...... oh yeah....Hoarders. :dv

6. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

I'm shopping for a new (used) mower. Mine won't run (it did last week) and I'm tired of jacking with it. Last week I spent 7 hours replacing a broken part in the steering. That was different. Fine, I see a broken part, tear it all apart and replace. This is electrical. Went to mow and fired it up. stopped to put air in the tire and it died when I came off the seat and now it won't get power to the switch. By passed 4 of the 6 stupid safety switches including the seat and still nothing. I hate electrical. Time for a different one but I can't give it away with a perfectly good 23 Kohler on it. I can get buy with one of the other 2 smaller mowers I have. Who knows, someday I might have 10 mowers :l. I have at least that many vehicles around here i think

7. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

I’ve found lots of great stuff—power tools, building materials, fixtures, even furniture—at my near local Habitat for Humanity ReStore. That’s all stuff people donated, in other words gave away for free, that works daily for me.

My wife found an auction site for estate sales. It’s like eBay but just old folks houses that need cleaning out. Pretty much everything starts as $1. I’ve seen a few things get bid up, but if you pay a little attention you can get quality stuff for next to nothing. Unfortunately they don’t seem to list firearms or ammo.

It’s truly amazing what we accumulate through life. I try to follow the rule of “if I don’t see it for a year it’s gone” but there are some things I just don’t sell or dispose of unless they are trashed. Guns and tools seem to be my weaknesses. Could be worse :l

8. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

After spending $400 to refurb my mower deck this week I can see why people throw things away and buy new. I probably could have bought a working used mower for that much.

9. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

This is my rule....I am 60....I can learn new chit, but I'm perfectly happy with the chit I already know and don't want to tax my brain at my advanced age.

So....if you have a shotgun or pistol that won't run, send it to me....I can prolly make it go.

If I have an engine that won't run, you can have it....I'll just buy a new one....it's easier on me. :yes

Allow me to break this down so you heathens can understand. .....let's use Paul's tournaments. Don't send me Heidi Klum....I have no idea how to keep Heidi Klum happy...plus I'm mostly Irish. Send me Ms. Indiana Trailer Park.....I can make that work.:yes

A man must know his limitations in order to live happily.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  10. Pheasantpete

When the hyper inflation hits those hoarders will be your best friends when your unable to get or afford day to day items. Fred Sanford knew that day was coming he just didn't live to see it.

Timber Hole likes this.