Fresh to the game again

Wareagle1011

Reaction score
For the northern strains, a 7 is a trophy.
Anytime somebody catches a 5 pounder around here they freak and take it home with them. Ive released all of mine so far but if I ever catch that 7 again i might get it mountedz

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Florida strain largemouth were first introduced to SoCal in 1959. Most local public lakes are now dominated by the Florida bass. Pretty much the only SoCal place to find northern strain these days are on private land. This picture is my son with a 7+ from a private spot. It was released for another day.

1647705013745.jpeg

Wareagle1011

Reaction score
Florida strain largemouth were first introduced to SoCal in 1959. Most local public lakes are now dominated by the Florida bass. Pretty much the only SoCal place to find northern strain these days are on private land. This picture is my son with a 7+ from a private spot. It was released for another day.

View attachment 334964
Heres mine. If Anybody else would have caught that fish it would have been certain death. Who knows if its still alive in that reservoir. But if it is I hope karma is on my side and i catch it again one day. Actually, now is the time. That was a late winter super early prespawn fish right there. Water temps were still cold. Ive been targeting the larger fish up here now for the last 4 or so years. People think im crazy. I fish alot in the winter. Fish alot of big swimbaits. Atleast big for around here.

Attachments

• 6020AC2A-092E-476A-B7E1-B93784FD60CF.jpeg
    6020AC2A-092E-476A-B7E1-B93784FD60CF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Josh carpenter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard understand your frustration went on a guided Erie hunt for divers in December didn’t even see ducks flying it’s definitely hit or miss up there and blind lotteries good luck … you’ll need it

Wareagle1011

Reaction score
Welcome aboard understand your frustration went on a guided Erie hunt for divers in December didn’t even see ducks flying it’s definitely hit or miss up there and blind lotteries good luck … you’ll need it
Yea ive never even killed a diver. Though I Never attempted to either. What little experience I have has been puddle duck hunting inland. Ive seen days where thousands of ducks show up. But it was usually after shooting time. And they would mostly be gone before sun up the next morning. Im not worried about limiting out anyway. I just wanna stand in the water and maybe shoot a duck once in a blue moon. Goose hunting is a different story. Also as far as the lottery goes yes we have alot of that. I guess in a way it can be a good thing but at the same time it would be nice for regular people to be able to just freely hunt more places. It would allow people to not concentrate on certain areas as hard. But whatever.

Latest posts