Full strap & stringer

RBurg44

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have anyone of you all hunted with full strap and stringer on catahoula lake? Hearing good things and just looking for some feedback of past clients. Thanks guys

Jordan Vizinat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Never hunted w them, but friends w one of the guides there and know of another one. Both good dudes.

Of all the Catahoula outfits, I’d consider them the most reputable and best shot to come home w the best bag.

Hope that helps you.

ducaholic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Your bag will be mixed divers and puddle ducks and your likely to shoot a Bull Sprig and a Bull Can during your stay.

RBurg44

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sweet guys! Thanks. When u think best time of year to head there to hunt? We looking for mounter cans and pintails. Shovelers would be awesome too!

Jordan Vizinat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Late January for better looking Pintail, but they’ll be wary. Tough to say though, NELA hasn’t gotten a good mid season migration in about 5 yrs. Shouldn’t be a problem getting your Cans at any point in the season over there.

Where are you coming from?

RBurg44

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Coming from maryland. Was thinkin maybe 2nd week in jan when our goose season goes out for like 10/14 days

dwr353

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
You are picking what is normally a good time for Catahoula Lake. I have heard only good things about the guide service you inquired about.

LADucks

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm a local. Full Strap & Stringer are some good folks. So is Shellshocked Guide Service. I wouldn't hesitate to use either. Just depends on what you're looking for as they are a little different in their approaches. Your Canvasbacks are probably all but guaranteed that time of year. Pintails can pretty much be guaranteed too... but at a different time of the year. Which one is your priority?

RBurg44

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm a local. Full Strap & Stringer are some good folks. So is Shellshocked Guide Service. I wouldn't hesitate to use either. Just depends on what you're looking for as they are a little different in their approaches. Your Canvasbacks are probably all but guaranteed that time of year. Pintails can pretty much be guaranteed too... but at a different time of the year. Which one is your priority?
Thanks for response back. I guess if i put them in order of priority for us itd be canvasbacks, pintails, shovlers, ringnecks, blue wings. Blue wings being the awesome bonus, we shoot any different species thats all bonus too! Could careless about a mallard!