Decoy Forum Sponsors

G,H shipping??

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Click, May 18, 2021.

1. Click

Click Senior Refuge Member

I've been running some old g,h goose floaters that are at least 20 years old and still look like new. I'd like to pick up another dozen or so but ah...163$ for shipping via FedEx ground from them to me in central KS is axxnine.

Anyone know a place that's better to get them at without being robbed blind in shipping? Also considering going with bigfoots but that's another topic?

Bclick likes this.
  2. GetDuck

GetDuck Elite Refuge Member

check cabela's they used to carry G&H I used G&H floaters for 20 years like you but I got tired of the heads coming off or breaking from guys grabbing by the neck I switch over to big foots I have both the originals and some of the smaller versions. don't remember what they were called. they go on sale at Rogers for $100/4 pack with free shipping. they are a very durable decoy. nothing against G&H but the BF heads don't fall off.

3. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

Wait 'til they have free shipping. They usually do it a couple times a year.

oleww likes this.
  4. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

I like the G and H floaters, but I think the older ones look more realistic than the newer ones. Prarie wing decoys might carry them and have better shipping.

5. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You might try a freight company, I used to use them a lot on larger items. They aren’t quick but you need cheap now.

double limit likes this.
  6. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

7. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Those rates are stupid, I’d learn to like other decoys and get free shipping.

8. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

Amazon has done all of us with on line businesses a great disservice with "free shipping". There is no such thing as free shipping, yet we have it on every wedding decor product we sell. It's almost a requirement by ETSY to include free shipping to get priority in advertisement. I still ship crane decoys several times a year and even with our Fedex discount it costs nearly $240 a dozen to ship from here to Texas. It's just more palatable to the customer to add $20 to the price of each decoy rather than charge extra for shipping. It makes us small business owners collect a lot less profit and in my case, there's just no point in selling decoys anymore when I can make more profit on wedding decor in an hour than I can in a day making decoys.

oleww likes this.
  9. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

Nothing is free.

I have stopped selling online due to shipping costs and complaints about those costs. Packaging and insuring a decoy is not cheap. I’m better off just holding onto birds and selling them at shows.

10. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Shipping costs:
    It's 25 bucks and change to overnight mail an OUNCE to arkansas from Illinois.
    Imagine yourself putting 12 decoys in your car and hauling then to my house for free because "free shipping". Let me know when you're arriving.
    Am anxious.