Gas tax

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Goosekiller, Jan 21, 2021.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

If that money goes to infrastructure, ie. Roads and freeway repair and construction, does it not make sense to get the revenue from those who use it? Either toll booths or gas taxes can supply that revenue. 28 trillion and climbing deficit. Where does the money come from? Trump's tax cuts obviously failed to increase tax revenue and the rich get richer. Perhaps a higher tax rate for those making 400k a year or more. That won't affect the middle class at all.

2. waldo2382

waldo2382 Senior Refuge Member

3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Trying to start a Chevy Ford dodge thing over which campus gets the most tail.
    I don't know. For sure not the engineering school part. The FEW girls in my classes had brains.
    That one girl from Russia would make you feel like running away to Siberia to get away from her icy glare. Never hit on a smart chick from Russia.
    Bad idea.

4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You didn’t call her “Comrade” did you? When I was there it was when the Ayatollah came to power in Iran. Some Iranian students were passing out propaganda at the Student Union Center, handed me one, should have seen his face when I wadded it up & threw it in his face. :fp I was 23 years old at that time, a long hair dope smoking Dummycrat, still pizzed me off being on OUR country doin’ this sh!t!! :mad:

5. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

I think the better approach would be a combination of finding a way to similarly tax electric vehicles and bicycles for their use of the public roadways, and also to use gas tax revenues ONLY for maintaining and improving roads—quit diverting money to urban mass transit projects and Californian bullet trains. For the purpose of fixing and maintaining what we have, I’d bet existing gas tax revenue is plenty.

Bclick, IV Hunt, Mean Gene and 2 others like this.
  6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

How much of these easements and habitat produce waterfowl? Or are they just buffets for coyotes, skunks, raccoons and other nest predators?

7. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

Tax cuts increased revenue, go figure....thanks for playing though

Screenshot_20210122-163130_Chrome.jpg

IV Hunt likes this.
  8. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like something you need to research. What I know is, it is one of the few government "fees" where 98% the money actually goes for what it's intended. More waterfowl habitat is rarely a bad thing.

9. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

Milwaukee built a downtown choo choo worthless pos that it is

BigSkyDuk and road kill like this.
  10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I did research it and there are differing arguments.

It apparently is a very intense subject.

We have waterfowl easements here that are nothing more than ditches in subdivisions.

I’ll try to find a sign that they display by the road.

We live just down the road from some of the largest Corps of Engineers flood control projects. There used to be resident ducks and geese in all of the ponds with Whistlers thick in the adjacent trees. Once the feral hog and other predators took over very few ducks can be seen.

We live on a bayou. It used to have all kinds of waterfowl simply meandering along its banks. Then we also started seeing coyotes and smelling skunks. Now we very rarely even hear the Whistlers fly over. Even had a cougar pay us a visit following the green space.

I’m not trying to start an argument just stating my observations living smack dab in the wetlands of SE Texas.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021