Georgia homeowner kills three teens wearing masks in possible 'stand your ground' case

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by PaulinKansas, Sep 18, 2019.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

It does "say" MAY
    Yeah I’m OFFENDED! ;)

2. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

agree with ya. who cares about whether you have a no trespassing sign or any other sign, if you have folks on your property chooting at ya it's time to be prepared to send lead back and worry later about whether you can be sent to the slammer for chooting someone outside of your house. here in the liberal state of Maryland it is well known that if someone is breaking in you better let them get fully inside before chooting them or you will prolly end up in the slammer because some states value the rights of thugs over law biding citizens. folks typically tell ya that if an intruder comes in and you do choot them make sure you finish him off so there are not multiple stories to be conflicted later. everyone in our house has been instructed that if someone breaks in put several mid chest and finish off with a head shot then call 911. living out the country there is no hope that the popo would get here quickly enough.

3. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Great shooting. Maybe we can set him up in Chicago and start cleaning that cesspool of solid vermin.

widgeon likes this.
  4. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

“Finishing them off” is likely to land you in prison regardless of the state that you live in.

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  5. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA. Moderator

Multiple double taps and the last shot got away from me....honest officer.:yes:yes:yes:tu

6. fowlwhacker

Maybe. Been told by several leo's that you are better off to make sure there is only one story if someone enters your house unwelcome and presents danger. They all said that if your are outside your house but still on your own property it is more problematic.

Hope I or my family never has to deal with the situation and the two labs are enough of a deterrent to keep someone from thinking to come in unwelcome.

7. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA. Moderator

If they are in your house eliminate the threat is what I have always been told by the 6 to 10 L.E.O. that I know, including Grandfather, uncles and friends.:yes:yes:yes

8. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

No maybe about it. If you "put several mid chest and finish off with a head shot" as you have instructed everyone in your house to do, whoever does so will likely end up in prison for an extended period of time.

You should ask any LEO who tells you that if they would be willing to go court and testify that they advised you to "finish off" any intruder and see what their response is...

Once they no longer represent a reasonable threat, you can not legally "finish them off." You legally have the right to defend yourself in your home, that doesn't confer upon you the titles of judge, jury and executioner. Once the intruder is no longer a threat (and the fact that they are still breathing doesn't mean they are still a threat), anything done from that point forward is not considered self-defense. It is illegal in every state to deliver a finishing shot to an incapacitated intruder. In fact, if you wait too long to call 911 and get an ambulance there for the intruder, you might get in trouble as well.

TheDuckSlayer and GUNNERX2 like this.
  9. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

There's NEVER one story. That's a myth. The evidence speaks. Witnesses not known about speak. Telephone, EMS, LEO records speak.

There has always been one barometer to go by and in the moment ain't the time to start thinking about it. 'Is this an imminent threat to my own life or the lives of others'? Period. This was true when we referred to self defense as what it is, and it's true when we now add in all kinds of acronyms and doctrines which are widely misplaced.

And for the record, it's the 'right' barometer even if answering yes and taking lethal action will land you in jail. But the VAST majority of time it will not.

Going all commando and 'He started it I'll finish it', 'don't want killed, shouldn't have tried to rob', 'once you step foot on my property', 'leave only one story' will often land you in jail.

1. Train and plan for such scenarios should they ever unfortunately occur.
    2. Protect yourself via the above parameters. No more no less.
    3. Call 911 after the shooting if such has not already taken place.
    4. Call your attorney who you already have contact info for in case such a situation happens.
    5. Be polite to LEO, have any weapons secured, state that you were in fear for your life, and SHUT UP.

J.Bennett likes this.
  10. fowlwhacker

No need to debate this as I know it is a slippery slope even when thug is in your home. No unwelcome thug entering my home will be committing another crime. Trust me. I will take my chances in court. Our criminal system is now setup to protect the thugs and prosecute those trying to protect themselves, family and their property.

Sunklands likes this.