Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Get my first shot today!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Soggy Socks, Mar 18, 2021.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I'm ashamed I didn't "give up" ten months ago. Pizz on all mandates. You are welcome to wear a mask and distance. I'm back to being human and accepting the potential risk of doing so. That's life. I've no interest in living the way we have.

2. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Yep. Don't want to be out...stay home. Simple. How many times have the goal posts been moved now? Bite me Dr. F***i.

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I think that’s the entire issue for me. They kept moving the goal posts. It was flatten the curve. Then it was oh holiday surges. Then it was well winter surge. Then it was wait on a vaccine. They kept making up excuses. Nope. Screw it. Screw them. If you’re scared then stay home, wear a mask, stay away. But don’t expect me to do the same.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Isn't that what they said in May/June (virus can't take the heat) and again in Sept/Oct (virus can't take the cold)????????
    [​IMG]

Sam Ortmann likes this.
  5. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Who’s they?
    One thing that is great about science is that it can change based on new information. Humans.....not so much.

the problem with the recommendations based on the science was that many states and individuals did not or refused to follow them. You make predictions based on assumptions. Bad assumption to think that humans will do the right thing.

6. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Matching hats! What a cute couple!

cast&blast likes this.
  7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Then maybe they should shut their yaps if they are not 'sure' what they are saying. Just like what I quoted, 'just a few more months'. Not, 'hopefully', not 'unless something changes', not 'if we are lucky'. Nope. Definitive statements.

Masks don't work. Oh, wait, yes they do. You won't need a mask if you get the shot. Oh, wait, yes you do.

Should be required reading....
    [​IMG]

Fogie, IV Hunt and bill cooksey like this.
  8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Couple supporting conservation, novel. Been hunting together for 41 years now.

Ruination likes this.
  9. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

What’s the right thing? To stand by and watch the government purposely put you of a job and be forced to close your business? Meh. Gooberment overstepped their boundaries on this one.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  10. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I was in a coffee shop in Montana 13 months ago, and the guy there told me we'd be trending back to normal in a couple of weeks.
    He seemed like a smart enough guy. But sometimes people are just wrong. ;)