Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Getting buzzed

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by bullpinnie, Jul 10, 2018.

1. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

Harvested today. 2 pints short of 4 gallons. Its alot darker than our spring honey. I included a comparison picture
    20180902_131338.jpg 20180902_144935.jpg

stevena198301 and Fowler267 like this.
  2. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

How many frames and what size? I’m using all deeps, even for honey. One hive is outperforming the other and I’m hoping to harvest 4 to 6 deep frames. My 3rd box is getting full but much is still uncapped. I added a 4th deep box just so I didn’t have to worry about swarming. I’m thinking if they put honey in the 4gh box I’ll harvest some and consolidate into 3 boxes for the winter.

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

We need to swap some honey.

4. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

Well getting out of the bee business. If anybody needs some deeps, supers, etc let me know.

5. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

How far from the hive do bee's travel?

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

All the way to my windshield

7. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

I would happily pay for a jar or two of honey if you would be willing to part with it. Send me a PM please.

8. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

Send me a PM with your general location. I’m in the Midwest near KC. I would be interested if we’re anywhere close.

9. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Hope this thread doesn't jinx me with getting stung now. Don't mind an ocassional bee sting but I have a tendency to find and disturb a ground yellow jackets next each year and get stung all over and a lot. If I was allergic I would of prolly been 6 feet under.

A buddy raises honey bees and brags about being around them all the time with little to no protection and rarely gets stung. I asked if he wanted to come over and go to battle with one of the yellow jackets nest and he laughed and said they were much nastier than the honey bees.

The yellow jackets got in my crocks and up my shorts before I realized what was happening and stung the chit out of me. Once they make their presence known and sting me it is game on to eradicate them *******s. Gas, fire, soapy water, smother, etc depending on where they are at.

10. PJN36

PJN36 Senior Refuge Member

I just had a hive removed from my camper two weeks ago. They had found their way in where the electric cable enters from the outside. There is a 24"x24"x18" space below the closet in the back bunk room where the electric panel is. They filled this area with 10 honeycombs. It only cost me $100. It took the guy about 2 hours to remove it. I love honey and I've thought about trying to keep a hive myself but I really don't know much about it or even where to begin. They are definitely some fascinating creatures.