Global warming and sea level rise??

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Fowler267, Aug 28, 2019.

1. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

If you are unwilling to embrace the idea that the outcomes of scientific research is influenced by politics, then you need to get out more irrespective of what Chokes and Ruination would have us believe. All science, particularly science that pertains to mans detrimental impact to climate change happens in a vacuum, funded by magic pixie dust. Right.

Bigshot75 likes this.
  2. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

What claims did I make?

3. Bigshot75

Bigshot75 Senior Refuge Member

They fight so passionately because they get money to tell us how bad things are thinks to man, when In fact it is something that has been going on since before man was here. It’s pretty sad the people that will just follow someone off of a cliff.

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Global warming exists. The planet has been heating up since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so regardless of human activity. I'm not saying the planet will end in 2 years. AOC is saying the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change - I disagree with her.

Bigshot75 likes this.
  5. pintail2222

Like me and for @stevena198301 - it all depends on policy.

I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in any thing else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all.

-Th: Jefferson

:tu

Bigshot75 likes this.
  6. Cliner

Cliner Elite Refuge Member

And if you think everything is a conspiracy theory, you need to turn off Fox News for a bit and not regurgitate BS you hear.

7. pintail2222

Climate models are probabilistic. They are based on a theory of probability. Possible outcomes.

And if they were being sold as stock picking software - the SEC would shut them down and arrest the owners for fraud.

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

8. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I agree completely.

9. pintail2222

He's trying to get the thread shut down.

stevena198301 likes this.
  10. Cliner

Cliner Elite Refuge Member

No, I never said "No one", I said "none of us here are saying the world will end in 2 years". Yes, it was hyperbole when referencing 2 years, but the point remains that we (as in the members here discussing) never predicted a doomsday scenario. AOC and Gore were brought into the conversation (not by the ones who are arguing science) in an attempt to discredit the entire notion.