Global warming and sea level rise??

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Fowler267, Aug 28, 2019.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I agree that a lot of you don’t support it because the republicans don’t and the democrats do.

2. Bigshot75

Bigshot75 Senior Refuge Member

I don’t support that it is man made, anyone that spends time in the outdoors will notice the weather patterns have been changing. I don’t think democrats have affected this change anymore than republicans have. If any of these holy grail scientists could show me that the change didn’t start until man showed up I would jump on board 100% but all they say is maybe this or I think that but if I could only get another grant so I could really pin down a solid it’s possible?

3. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

It's solid. At least 80% of the recent warming is due to man.

4. Bigshot75

Just so I’m clear, you are saying you are 80% positive that if man wasn’t on this planet the climate would have stayed the same throughout time?

5. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

I think it is safe to say.......he said it

Not sure how he can quantify it, but he said it

WoodieSC likes this.
  6. Mr. Chokesonducks

The climate is always changing. The warming we are seeing beyond what is expected from all other sources, is positively, 100% because of man.

You guys can read the boring research for yourselves....or you can continue to listen to pundits who have no clue and recite their ridiculous positions. If I was so passionate on the subject as some of you, I would at least attempt to read some unbiased research.

Ruination likes this.
  7. Bigshot75

And yet you don’t, your hypocrisy knows no bounds

snipe n likes this.
  8. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I think I read an article in Newsweek that implied that at one time 80% of the scientists thought the earth was flat. Is that the same source you are using Chokes?

Bigshot75 likes this.
  9. Mr. Chokesonducks

Huh? I've read and forgotten more about the climate than you've ever attempted. I've performed statistical analysis of hydraulic & hydrologic data including Mann-Kenddall / trending, Pettitt / change point analysis, regressions, etc. I've modeled physical processes in hydraulic numerical models.....not nearly as sophisticated as some climate models but I feel I have a better understanding than 90% of the general population.

I'm not gonna link a bunch of research for you to ignore or to try and poke holes in. You are big boys, if you actually wanted to learn, you would.

10. Bigshot75

Has any of that work been funded by tax dollars? Or was it all private funded projects?