Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Go Cubs!

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

The Mariners suck. :l:l

Hey GDT you gonna do the baseball contest again this year?

2. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

Definitely! I'll have it out end of this month. Biggest prize package yet. :tu

beglseder, Wareagle1 and Mean Gene like this.
  3. T.T.

T.T. Elite Refuge Member

Actually, the present Mariners and the Cubs of the 1960's and early 1970's have many similarities. I had the misfortune of doing H.S. in a Chicago suburb (Addison, Illinois) during that era. One source of amusement was the Chicago Tribune sports section with a "Ex-Cub Of The Week". Be it Bill Madlock. Andre Thorton, Joe Carter, etc., the silliness of the Cub's mismanagement was very amusing. I think the larger WA newspapers should consider doing a like feature with the Mariners.

Doc E likes this.
  4. DOUBLECLUCKER

DOUBLECLUCKER Elite Refuge Member

Don't forget the Lou Brock trade.

5. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Nice thing about being a Cubs fan is I don't ever have to worry about having to choose between going hunting in the fall or staying home to watch a playoff game. :l:l

Green Duck Truck and Wareagle1 like this.
  6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Lived in Chicago suburbs from 1959 to 1968. Back then, you had to either choose to be a Cubs or Sox fan. It was extremely bad form to be both. My dad used to take my brother and I to Sox games. I actually saw the '61 Yanks play the Sox when I was 6 years old. I still remember that game. We used to also go to Cubby Bears games on school trips, Park and Rec summer trips, Cub / Boy Scout trips, etc. Wrigley was a great place to see a game but as far as I can remember my dad never crossed the threshold into that park. He was born and raised in St. Louis and was a Cards fan.