Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Going out of Business ????

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by bullpinnie, Jan 25, 2021.

1. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

if you buy a SBE3 shoot it I got mine it was messed up been back to them for 8 weeks not sure when ill get it back hopefully before next season

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Hope not to be getting out of duck hunting until checking out of all things earthly, but have long been letting waterfowl stuff I once just had to have go. Still have way, way more decoys than I'll ever use again.

Have given, or indefinite term loaned, far and away more of it than I've sold, though.

bullpinnie likes this.
  3. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

If you lived closer I'd make you a deal on my sbe3

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  4. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

What does your buddy have against fun (and asset retention)?

5. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

Me being buried. Just back the whole trailer in the hole..

[​IMG]

6. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I just sell boats (usually to buy other boats). I sell them because they take up space and require maintenance. Other than that, I don't sell anything hunting or fishing related.

bullpinnie likes this.
  7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

viking funeral. Back ‘er down the ramp, set it loose and get the flaming arrows ready

Bclick, gock5 and waterswatter like this.
  8. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Elite Refuge Member

As I stated awhile back health is driving me out of the sport. So I made the decision last year to start eliminating equipment that I know I will never use again. I sold most of my my guns including my H&K SBE1 to a friend. Sold all of my big heavy super mag dekes and replaced them with Dakota inflatables. Soon my Osage Vantage duckboat will hit the market to be replaced with something more fishing friendly. I have a lot of stuff that I will probably not sell but I have been giving to an 18yr young man that contacted me before the season and offered to take me out and do all the work so that I could still hunt. He doesn't know it yet but he will be getting the rest of my decoys, some high end custom calls, and just a lot of good stuff. But he is a good kid that really has the waterfowling bug bad so I know he will put it all to good use. But the one thing that he is getting which has no monetary value but does have a lot of the things that mean a lot and is hard to come by is the 50+ years of experience I have accumulated. That is something I never had when I 1st started out. Watching him progress is worth more to me than whatever money I could get from selling the gear.
    And to all of you guys that say you will take your stuff to the grave with you. I used to be the same way. But time has a way of changing your perspective. You come to realize that all of that stuff is just stuff. The memories that it gave you is what's important and that it can continue to help someone else build their memories

9. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I had a neighbor across the street that moved recently because his wife cold no longer walk up stairs. He's in his 80's and was a duck hunter when he was younger. we talked duck hunting a lot, and i'd show him pics, or stringers full of ducks frequently.......I invited him down to my club in arkansas many times, but hen never wanted to leave his wife alone. He loved all of my dogs, and had his own stash of dog treats that he would feed them. Just before he moved, he called me over to his house, and showed me about a dozen high quality Mason decoys, and said " I want you to know that I am leaving these to you in my will". He said " None of my kids care about any of this stuff, and i know you will enjoy having them". it was such a touching gesture......I was literally moved to tears.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Rebranger, Quarne, nwood and 14 others like this.
  10. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, but I understand what you are saying. I'm guessing that I probably have around 200 duck and goose calls ( most were gifts), but I'm sure I only have a dozen or less that have much sentimental value to me.....and I don't consider myself a call collector either.