Going to Moab

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Dek, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

My wife and I are planning to stay a few nights in Moab probably in early May. Any local knowledge on a decent hotel that is not crazy expenssive? A couple hundred bucks plus a night is making me wince:eek:

Thanks

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

While living in Utah; Spring break found us in S Utah or Arizona.
    we fond not staying in Moab was cheaper. We stay once in a campground in the 90'S . 30 bucks for a tent site next to the main street.

Somebody help me ou:t what is the road that travels from the top of the Canyon to the bottom. It might be close to Dead Horse?

3. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

If your looking for a room with a small kitchen, and no view, don't mind sharing a parking lot with a self storage area, then JR's dessert in is the place. We go every spring and camp, one year we had a trailer problem and spent the week there, now every year some one from the group will stay there. We only use the room to sleep and store our gear, works great for us. Nice people.

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the replies. Still looking.

5. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

Try vrbo.com

you might find a good deal on a vacation house, but then again spring is peak time for moab.

6. tealfinder

tealfinder Senior Refuge Member

You could stay in green river. It is 45 min away. If you do stop at Rays and get a burger.