Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Good Deeds

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Timber Hole, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

I once towed a guys tractor for him. Most dents I ever got on my truck.

Never again!

Bad deeds from then on out.

oleww likes this.
  2. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

Dirty Deeds?

3. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

My good deed for today? I didn't choke the crap out of someone who deserved to have the crap choked out of him...

4. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

A little positive reinforcement doesn’t hurt.

5. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

My wife is always doing good deeds. She can't say no. I always say no but her good deeds out weigh mine.

Just kidding but my wife is the angel in the family.

salthunter and hobbydog like this.
  6. dwhauss

dwhauss Senior Refuge Member

I work hard at treating people the way I wish to be treated. That said, had 2 instances in the last month where truck with tail gate down was going to loose alot of tools,managed to get alongside him and let him know. Other one was a bobtail with back door open, and load ready to slide out. Sure both were very appreciative. I have had several times where my boxes were open and nobody bothered to tell me while traveling down the freeway.....

7. tripper

tripper Senior Refuge Member

As someone else already said, it makes you feel good to do something nice for someone else. I've had people tell me "You didn't have to do that". And I normally reply, "You're right, I didn't do it because I had to. I did it because I wanted to".

8. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Are we talking about ethical egoism or psychological egoism? I think those were the 2 phrases from 40 years ago.

Ruination likes this.
  9. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I found out after my grandfather died that he was always helping people out anonymously. He saw an article in the newspaper about a family that was going without heat because their furnace was shot. He called someone he knew and had it replaced on the condition that nobody ever told the family who it was. That was probably the largest expense, but I heard very similar stories from my grandmother.

And this was a guy who was a firefighter and painted houses on his days off, so it wasn’t like he had money just laying around everywhere. Still, he believed in helping people who needed it.

I’m always a bit disappointed how shocked people seem when someone does even a small, good thing for them. It’s almost proof of how disconnected we are from each other and explains a lot.

10. JoJer

JoJer Senior Refuge Member

When I used the sitter in Sportsman's today, there was a phone left in the stall. I was washing my hands before taking it to the desk when a guy came in and picked it up. But I was gonna..

widgeon likes this.