Goslings

Soggy Socks

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like the local geese had a good nesting season,several pairs with their youngins swimming around yesterday 3 or 4 goslings each.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s been a good hatch here in Va. Lots of babies on the ground. Seen the first ones 3 weeks ago. Should have turkeys hatching any day as well

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
I take the dog to the river across the street every day. Beyond the river is some marshy stuff, and the geese nest in there. You can hear em all day long, well into the evening.

Yesterday as we came around the corner, where there is a rock beach, mom and dad had their clutch there. About 8 of em. VERY small. Dog took off after em, but I got her stopped. Into the river they went, parents squawking like crazy. It was funny to watch the little ones go bobbing down the river like little puffs of foam.

Click

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen any here yet. Got one that's been nesting for a couple weeks now, go by her everyday an no little geese yet.

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We,ve had tons of Resident babies starting about a month ago. Some are all most size of woodie now. Some are just hatching out.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We were on a road trip to the beach. Needed to make a deposit of sweet tea, get fuel and let the dog out to stretch her legs and pizz. As we got off the interstate to one of my strategic spots I stop frequently we saw several dozen geese and goslings in the grass of the royal farms. Wife said you think it will be a hood idea to let her out here. Said yup for me but it may not be if you or the girls let her out. Got her on her leash before she jumped out with geese 15 or so feet away. The second they saw her loud honking started and they ran off across the road to a nearby field.

Attachments

• 20220516_194226.jpg
    20220516_194226.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They're blocking traffic making general nuisances of themselves at the mall as usual.
They incubate their eggs on rooftops.
I don't know if they're oiling eggs n stuff but we have a honker problem in spring here.

Wild Rice

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Widespread flooding will greatly reduce the number of Canada geese produced in a very large portion of Minnesota this season. Lots of nests lost. No goslings here and probably won't be for a while until they can attempt a renest. We received over 4 inches of rain in a 24 hour period here in the west central region of the state.

salthunter

Reaction score
Im in south central Mn. Mankato. lots of 3,4,5,6 broods on the edges of town. Some fairly big goslings, And traffic gets stopped often. Kind of fun to see.

Last edited:

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We did have a good hatch .
Now how many survive to fledgling status is another question.
1 pond I drive buy daily had 4 broods hanging out a week ago , a
ll with 4 to 6 .
Last 2 days I've only seen 2 , one has 3 the other 2 .
Guess other stuff needs to eat too.