Got Mogadishu?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by JP, Jul 15, 2020.

1. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

So the trouble makers are pretty much condensed into the city of St. Louis and the rest of the county isn't so bad?

2. API

Given the St. Louis history of being the launching point for Lewis & Clark, then the resulting impact upon western Native Americans, have the cancel culture folks developed a program for tearing down the Gateway Arch?

3. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Pretty much. The city itself is a hell hole except for the area around the ballpark, which is heavily guarded. The only other areas in the city where you are safe are heavily gated and guarded as well.....like were the folks came outside with guns last week.

Parts of the county are not safe.....like 40 murders or so a year....but it's a relatively small area.

It's a bit complicated to follow if you aren't from here.....but it's not hard to navigate if you know the area well.

4. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

You can get yourself killed there after midnight, but it's in the heavily guarded zone. St. Louis City is not like other urban cities.......there is not much activity after midnight.....except for chitheads. Everybody else gets the hell out of there. It's a mess....and a damn shame.

5. API

Most of my times on the ground in St. Louis were inside the airport terminal and nothing stupid happened. Other times I was on I-70 or I-44 and didn't get off the freeway. I'm good with that.

6. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Yeah.....smart. Interestingly enough....Southern Illinois, basically just South of the St. Louis area, is some of the best areas in the midwest to live. It's heavily taxed because....well, it's Illinois, but there is very little serious crime and the people there are excellent....lots of farm country and good family values.

ARHHH4 and JP like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

It was nice when I was born there. :tu

8. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Man, back when the stockyards were booming E. St. Louis was a jewel. Once Chicago became the rail hub that all ended.....property values went to hell and the rest is a familiar story. It looks like it's been bombed now.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I wonder what it is about our “brothers”?
    I’ve had international travelers that were black come into the hotel and say they had heard of how we treated blacks.

After being here a week at an international engineering type conference they told me they understood why.

Exact same thing happened at the restaurant with Canadian OTC people in a different year.

10. API

If ya mean Loma Linda, CA... It's pretty much centered around a university focused upon health sciences and it's heavily sponsored by the Seventh Day Adventist Church. As one might predict, it's pretty well to do and a relatively quiet place to live. Now, the northern border on the other side of I-10 is San Bernardino and that's a good place to get yer azz killed.