Great morning!!

RETREVR

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We went out and snagged some of the geese yesterday. I put my waders on and tried to find the gun. The mud was so bad that I dammed near got stuck again. If I had a surf board or a little sneak boat I might be able to located it. It might just be that the gun belongs on the bottom of that pond instead of me.
It was a wingmaster mag that I bought used and put a synthetic stock on. Not real glamourous, but I really shot it well and didn't have to wory about hurting it. It was the only gun I own that shoots steal. I am going after Kansas roosters next weekend and can shoot my 20ga wingmaster but will need a steal shooter after that. I am tempted to go out and buy a pintail but really don't need to spend the money right now.

RETREVR

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
You guys know what the real shame was?
This was the morning where it all came together. For me, it might happen once or twice a year, where everything is right. The prarie was frozen and was like a winter wonderland. There was fog. More ducks than I have ever seen around there. The snows came out of the fog like a miracle. I have never seen a goose in this area before. This was the key hunt of the year that I would remember. Well I will never forget it, but it will be a dark memory. I will have lots of goose gumbo to remind me also.

Losthwy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are doing good on the birds. Have not had a chance to go myself,for I've been too busy with deer and elk hunting. Have to work sometime.:(

roninrus1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have a canoe if it will help.
Let me know and we'll figure out a way.
I'll PM my phone # in Highlands Ranch if ya wanna try. :D

RETREVR

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
ron-
I have to work all week and then it is off to KS. I am not sure how to make it happen.
I will have to see what the weather is going to do. It might freez up again.
I might try to find a boat locally and give it a shot.
It is shallow enough that if I can locate it(with a magnet), I can grab it by hand.
I would always be happy to show you the area I hunt in if we make arrangements. But let me see what I can work out. Thanks

roninrus1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
OK, if you get back from KS and the place isn't frozen I can head down on a Sat or Sun & we'll give it a try. Give me a hollar when Ya get back.:D

T

Timberdoodle

Hey Retreiver, I have a canoe and a metal detector. Can probably get a magnet from Harbor freight in Ft. Collins. How deep is the water where you lost the gun. If its no deeper than 4 - 5 feet I know we could find it. I have to go out of town tomorrow through Sat but might be able to get away to help on Sunday.
Rick

roninrus1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Two canoes for stability, gotta find it!
Let us know and I'll help too!
Might get a hunt in on same day.:D
Rusty

PucksnDucks

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Retrevr...

I sent you a PM.... It may not have made it because my system at work is jacked up right now.....

john

RETREVR

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Before we know it we will look like a flotilla of Haitian imigrants with all the boats out there.
Guys I appreciate the offers. I am going forget about it untill after next weekend when I will have time.
I was at Galyans last night and looked at a 870 special purpose. Wow, nice. They have a 12 month same as cash deal right now. I was tempted.