Great Opening Morning to 2019 Teal Season

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by borntohunt, Sep 14, 2019.

1. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Got to the blind a little earlier than usual. The temperature was pleasant. I guess with the dew point being lower than most of last week we didn’t have that humidity and muggy feeling.

Threw a few decoys out and put up 2 baby mojos. Poured a cup of coffee and ate a honey bun.

Heard some early shooting and decided it must be shooting time.

Had a group make a surprise attack but the 3 hunters in the blind each managed to cut one out.

Things really started to happen fast. Had 5 more groups swoop in during the next hour without having to blow the duck call. Managed to each kill one out of every group. All blue wing. And then it was over by 8:30. That’s when I woke up. Love sleeping late after a long week.

Ramblingman and Out of focus like this.
  2. Out of focus

Out of focus Senior Refuge Member

I was hooked. Awesome dream.

3. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

We got to the teal spot 30 mins early. I drank coffee, smoked a cuban cigar and bulls!ted with my boys. Come shooting time I was done in 12 mins and it took my kids and buddy another 20 mins. Went back to the camp and made a big *** breakfast. This weren't no dream

riverrat47 likes this.