Grill cleaning?

Out of focus

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m out of easy off oven cleaner. What’s y’all secret weapon to battle last time’s grilling mess?

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
power washer, and degreaser.

oleww

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Insanely hot fire, one that’s hot enough to catch the grill rack leftover grease on fire. Re-season with non-stick high temp Pam. Carful not to let it get away from you. I remove the grease catch pan so as to not torch that too.

It disgusts me to watch folks cook on a nasty grill citing “flavor” or “seasoning” coming off last years left over tidbits.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Insanely hot fire, one that’s hot enough to catch the grill rack leftover grease on fire. Re-season with non-stick high temp Pam. Carful not to let it get away from you. I remove the grease catch pan so as to not torch that too.

It disgusts me to watch folks cook on a nasty grill citing “flavor” or “seasoning” coming off last years left over tidbits.
I'm sorry man but we're going to reignite pam wars. Sactions first then a preemptive strike. There will be an attempt to get you to go to bed bath and beyond or even worse....Target to get some sort of mister for spraying oil on salad. Not ghey at all.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copper Grill MatInsanely hot fire, one that’s hot enough to catch the grill rack leftover grease on fire. Re-season with non-stick high temp Pam. Carful not to let it get away from you. I remove the grease catch pan so as to not torch that too.

THIS! We have a "communal gas grill" here at the apt. and these guys are SLOBS! :p I bought a Copper Grill Mat (non-stick copper infused) from Lowes. I haven't tried it yet. I'm also thinking of buying for MYSELF a Weber clone from Lowes and use charcoal which IMOO makes food tastes "outdoorsey."

tcc

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
THIS! We have a "communal gas grill" here at the apt. and these guys are SLOBS! :p I bought a Copper Grill Mat (non-stick copper infused) from Lowes. I haven't tried it yet. I'm also thinking of buying for MYSELF a Weber clone from Lowes and use charcoal which IMOO makes food tastes "outdoorsey."
Forget the clone, pony up for an actual Weber!

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be a waste of money:
1. the grill has to left outdoors-possible theft and
2. I'm cheap!