Grill cleaning?

Missy Skeeter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Weber 26 inch
has sat outside for the last 6 years
Ended up in neighbors yard when tornado skipped over the house and got a bit out of round after bouncing
( hint: 1 inch binder clips work as mini clamps if you see smoke leaking between top and bottom)

I do admit buying the cover for it and also have some high temp paint in case of the finish getting chipped

I guess it could get stolen……but being retired seems to be a pretty good deterrent so far:yes:cool:
My Weber has been outside for over 20 years. My wife is allergic to fish, so it is used exclusively for fish. We are below freezing from Oct-April and low humidity, total of 12 inches of precip per year so I'd bet I could leave it outside for another 20 years.
GrilledSalmon.jpg

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Google "UDS"; you can build one pretty cheaply and easily, not much to them. I used one for years and made some great food. Finally rusted out; need to build another one.
The guys on wff all build them and compared size length and girth.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My Weber has been outside for over 20 years. My wife is allergic to fish, so it is used exclusively for fish. We are below freezing from Oct-April and low humidity, total of 12 inches of precip per year so I'd bet I could leave it outside for another 20 years.
View attachment 340749
Charles has the same allergy and swore he couldn't eat food off a grill that touched any fish.
"Charles we just grilled salmon yesterday and you're wolfing down the burgers off it and you're not dead".

Not saying your wife is one of them but there are people that have food allergies when it's convenient. Charles is one.

Out of focus

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
View attachment 340749
Here in Louisiana, you would be lucky to get 2 years out that grill sitting outdoors. Humidity out the wazoo!

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Here in Louisiana, you would be lucky to get 2 years out that grill sitting outdoors. Humidity out the wazoo!
I can believe that

Last time I was in Louisiana it was 100 degrees
with 100% humidity

……..and wasn’t raining

Houston was close but Louisiana gives an entire meaning to Heat Index

Latest posts