Guides in NoDak

thunderfromdownunder

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
That is such bs on their part. I got info from a guy on that board in 2003 first year i ever went to ND cause i did not get drawn in SD. I emailed him cause i was in a town he had hunted and i just got there. He said to email him for info on ND site.. Now there were not many ducks on the sloughs he mentioned but a flooded pasture next store was loaded with like 3000 birds just over the fence. Got permission and two man limits two days in a row before we left. I thanked him and asked for his address so i could send him a gift. He said no but thanked me for offering. I never ever mentioned this spot to anyone but i am sure it likely dried up. Point being take care of people and thank them. Sadly people learned most you help dont seem to appreciate it and and just screw it up.

I found a great spot this november i limited out on twice on two hunts. Public land. But i cant share it these days or it would have 100 people the next day. Even alot of people i know i wont tell cause they will likely go and than blab it on facebook or the net . Only my dad and his friend know and they are over 70 so i trust them. They arent hunting this spot even with me. To hard for them. Oh my wife knows also though she could care less about it or my hunting.
Coming from you I’ll call bs!!

woodiefanatic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Honestly I hunt near the border and both Dakota’s have some of the more friendly people I’ve met. Obviously some people are not nice but you can’t win 100% of the time.

Twice we beat local guys to a spot. (Total conflicts in 6 years of going and 40+ hunts). Both time guys were super nice and were like have at ‘em.

Some landowners are a bit standoffish towards hunting but again not gonna win 100%. A few farmers have been so friendly as to drive us around and show us some additional properties we could hunt.

One year we were struggling somewhat due to the flooding. We saw the owner of the place we rented at a bar and grill with his family. We stop by just to say hi and he asked how we were doing. Said it was tougher than usual. He goes well I know a farm that completely flooded out and the ducks are tornadoing in every day if you want me to drop you a pin. We did a quick morning hunt then scouted his spot. Probably the largest duck feed I’ve ever witnessed in my life and we hammered out limits our last 2 days of the trip on that farm.

I look forward to the trip every year.

Deadeyeduck

Reaction score
I have been the last 2 years and had essentially zero help before going up there. I did a LOT of research and a few friends set out with no expectations whatsoever. We knew no one and had only the contact of the place we were staying. In 2 years we worked our absolute butts off and in 4 days hunting each year came home with around 30-40 ducks and 10-20 geese and we were tickled pink to get even that. Iv found some good resources reading this site (never got a pm back) but you have to be careful on here. The locals are there ALL the time and they know what it looks like when its good and when its bad but if you keep expectations in check and work your butt off you can have a great time with friends and family. I am used to hunting the southern US and to be honest down here iv paid leases of $1000-$1500 a year for one field and took nearly as many as 4 hunts in ND. Does that make me stupid??? Yes…. Yes it does… thats why i took my $1000 a year and throw it at ND and never look back. The people have all been wonderful, the hospitality second to none. I love it up there. Just keep your expectations in line and enjoy it. Now….. if anyone wants to send me coordinates and honey holes im all ears!!!! Lol

recker999

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Honestly I hunt near the border and both Dakota’s have some of the more friendly people I’ve met. Obviously some people are not nice but you can’t win 100% of the time.

Twice we beat local guys to a spot. (Total conflicts in 6 years of going and 40+ hunts). Both time guys were super nice and were like have at ‘em.

Some landowners are a bit standoffish towards hunting but again not gonna win 100%. A few farmers have been so friendly as to drive us around and show us some additional properties we could hunt.

One year we were struggling somewhat due to the flooding. We saw the owner of the place we rented at a bar and grill with his family. We stop by just to say hi and he asked how we were doing. Said it was tougher than usual. He goes well I know a farm that completely flooded out and the ducks are tornadoing in every day if you want me to drop you a pin. We did a quick morning hunt then scouted his spot. Probably the largest duck feed I’ve ever witnessed in my life and we hammered out limits our last 2 days of the trip on that farm.

I look forward to the trip every year.
Was it a flooded field you were hunting? Sounds fun.

Latest posts