Guns not allowed signs

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by KENNEDY63, May 6, 2021.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

You guys still seeing these on the front of many businesses? I don't.

Saw one the other day on the front of a brewpub (they also sell their beer retail in 3rd party outlets). Sent them an email on their website.

FWIW - here was the exchange (I'm going to send out more as well to other businesses that I would like to go to):

My original email:

Hey guys just a quick note. My wife and I were in town this evening and we stopped by for a beer - but as a concealed carry holder promptly turned around and left once we saw the gun ban sign. Went over to the neighboring establishment and grabbed some beer there instead.

Please don’t discriminate against legally licensed gun owners so that we feel comfortable in your establishment.

Thanks

Their response:

Hi, Kennedy63. We appreciate your experience and understand how you felt discriminated against, that is not our intention. We instituted that policy based on experiences from our beertenders and staff and their feedback working in the taproom throughout the past three years.

We are grateful for you thoughtfully sharing feedback and hope we can share our product with you in the future.

Thanks,

Team Brewpub

My followup:

Thanks for the response – but now I’ll have to cross your Maibock off of my list (I love that beer) – the maibocks seem to get lost in the brewing shuffle these days. I was also looking forward to trying the Belgian quad and the Chocolate stout……..

Being from xyz city, I am in abc town quite often (my kids go to school there). If I see the sign gone, my gun owning friends and I can put your beers back on our menu, as we like to support local.

Thanks guys, and good luck.

2. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

I didn’t think you can carry in a bar, nor while drinking. Maybe I made that up. I don’t carry when I am tying one on so I haven’t noticed

3. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

I have never paid them any attention. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you are properly concealed they will never know.

I no longer drink, so the .04 bac while in possession of a firearm is not a concern.

Schools and the Dr’s office are the only places those signs mean anything.

4. Paul Myrdahl

Paul Myrdahl Senior Refuge Member

Saw a sign 2 years ago on a business where we were doing some expansion work in Delano. They were adding a new building to the property. The sign on the front door of the existing building said "Conceal carry welcome just let the receptionist know when you are entering the premises." Or something to that order.

5. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

TN state law does not allow for conceal carry in any establishment that serves alcohol. I see a few "no gun" signs in various retail stores but not many.

oleww likes this.