Guys like this .

yankeegray

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Great story. Yes in general we have regressed to the all about me first for the most part. But I still want to believe that most of us are good pearled deep down. Probably wrong on this. But I still can hope.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What is baseball? Why do grown men play games with balls? Why do other grown men watch them?

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
More to the story....

The guy who gave the ball to the kid got a signed Springer jersey. Both of em got to go on the field and meet Judge. Both families got free tickets to sit in the Judge's Chambers at an upcoming game.

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So a man does the right thing, the adult thing, and give a boy a baseball. This is news? Have we really fallen that far off track that this isn’t the normal expectation? Guys on this forum would have done the same. I’m positive.
Yes, it is refreshing news in this world where people seemingly act uglier each day in their communication with others. A nice counterpart to the way things are heading. As Aaron Judge said in the interview clip, that is the beauty of baseball. It is a kinder, gentler game with attributes I hope we never lose.

I was at the Seattle Mariners home opener this year and a couple of 9-10 year old boys were in the row in front of me, with their gloves, having the time of their lives with their dad. I remember thinking, no doubt, that if a foul ball came my way it was going to go to those kids.

hobbydog

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is refreshing news in this world where people seemingly act uglier each day in their communication with others. A nice counterpart to the way things are heading. As Aaron Judge said in the interview clip, that is the beauty of baseball. It is a kinder, gentler game with attributes I hope we never lose.

I was at the Seattle Mariners home opener this year and a couple of 9-10 year old boys were in the row in front of me, with their gloves, having the time of their lives with their dad. I remember thinking, no doubt, that if a foul ball came my way it was going to go to those kids.
Ugly sells. This good stuff happens way more often than we see in the media. This one got caught on camera. Nice to see random acts of kindness rewarded.

salthunter

Reaction score
The payback to the giver , over a life time is well worth it!!! And making it national news is even better.

Long ago at a Twins game I watched two guys start punching each other over a homer in right field ($5.00 tickets):oops:.
Now 714 I may not have given back to Arron right away!

The last 10 years I have yet to bring home a band when hunting with others, newbies always end up shooting the banded bird:grvn.
This kid killed three banded geese hunting with me, :l His dad on a different hunt caught me swapping geese.
Some kids take their glove to the ball park... This kid took that pliers hunting.
1651784216627.jpeg

Last edited:

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I grew up in in a yankees hat , still wear one sometimes .
The grandkids gave it to me it don't make me a bad person .
Moral of this story is that we do sometimes forget all the good things and focus too much on the bad .
A couple weeks ago after unloading my groceries, I was walking the cart back and a kid that looked like a punk asks me " hey buddy I'm going in I'll take that for ya " I thanked him and he took it .
That's now my thing at the store , I learned something from him that day .