hammer time (fridaymorning)

BayMan718

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
me vinny and our friend kevin..hammered the balls off the gesse this morning..got solid scouting info on birds roosting last night set up dead in the flight path a 1/4 mile from where they were roosted while setting up decoys we could hear the birds getting nervous..once set up we waited for legal shooting time once it came and some other group opened up with a volley on some brant to our south the geese were up...2 flocks 20 yards low across the marsh right for us.. we took 4 birds out of the first group and 3 out of the second....a bit of time passed and we were able to score on some overhead passing brant..then nuthing..about 15 mins till 10 we had 4 more geese come over at about 40 yards.. i had my 3 gesse so i let kevin and vinny take a bird each...saw alot of ducks on the move this morning only problem they were flying at 540 am lol...got pelted with sleet for about an hour too..not much shooting going on else where in the bay..heard about maybe 5 shots from two groups..gonna stick to hammering the geese till the cold weather comes in next week

take care

bayman

TOLLER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Congrats Larry. I just got my first honker yesterday.
Lets hope for this cold weather.

Bob Johnson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
wed have to do that up here.. those old smart salt water geese wont have anything to do with decoys or calling......with the high tide in the morning and no puddlers to speak of it was buffy time this morning..... plus some old squaws...then the after noon dropping tide we got into some brant......bob

BayMan718

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
terry congrats

bob..same down here..we have to set up the decoys to the left of us because teh gesse once they see blocks start to slide off to the windward side...thats what they did yesterday and it put them dead over the boat

im heading out now to try and hammer the flights we saw yesterday to our west..i figgure if we aint gonna shoot puddlers might as well hammer the geese

take care

bayman