North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Has any else noticed

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by Gangirg, Dec 4, 2019.

1. singlewing

singlewing New Member

My post were in agreement with KAHunter and Gangrig to put out there information I’ve learned about. It doesn’t matter what or who’s foundation or idea it is to me as long as the ideas help get huntin back to the way it used to be. So Buff if you have any ideas to help get the grass & the ducks back then I’ll gladly help “PIMP” those too !

2. singlewing

singlewing New Member

Pimpin ain’t easy

k3pack likes this.
  3. hydemarsh

hydemarsh Refuge Member

At least when "WATERFOWL" magazine looked at the web page they understood the purpose. In this months issue they gave a shout out to the Foundation for Public Trust Resources and Rights. It is a recognized and certified NC nonprofit corporation with significant State and IRS reporting requirements.

I am fortunate, I have good places to hunt but there were times in my life when I did not. I am trying to give back with my time and effort to make it so if ducks ever come here they will find natural food in our sounds and hunters will be able to hunt in the places we all own. If you want to criticize me for that then have at it.

mitchalo and ReelHunter like this.
  4. Gangirg

Gangirg Senior Refuge Member

What we need is for the state or department of marine fisheries to put more effort into restoring SAV in improving habitat instead of worrying so much about fish counts and restocking. Improve habitat and mother nature will handle the rest. Our tax dollars are already paying for this....its just not being done or if it is, I ain't seen it.

5. Gangirg

Gangirg Senior Refuge Member

I see DMF out fishing nets, crabpots and nets on road crossings for herring every day the year round when they should be taking water samples and distributing seeds.

6. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

100% spot on.

7. hydemarsh

hydemarsh Refuge Member

Have you made an official inquiry to DMF as to what they are doing? Have you contacted your commissioner? Have you contacted your Representative? You have to really push these people.

They have never and I do not think they will ever act in our interest unless they are forced to or you donate as much as the fish houses. you have to DO SOMETHING to make things better. Gripe about my Foundation as much as you want, at least I am trying to do something.

8. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately DMF has nothing to do with enhancing aquatic vegetation, they are first and foremost fish cops. That responsibility probably falls under DEHNR which does regulate wager quality issues among other things. My suggestion would be to start with them and see where it leads. It’s not a simple ID and fix issue as we know but it would be nice to know that the state acknowledges the problem and is working on solutions to remedy it. Don’t see any PSA’s from them but maybe they have info on their web site? Don’t really know.

hydemarsh likes this.
  9. trashman

trashman Senior Refuge Member

10. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Good deal, was hoping you’d be hanging around. :reader

Also good to see that DMF is actually providing technical assistance, etc. in conjunction with other agencies to work on the problem.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019