Has anyone seen the weather up north this weekend

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mallet67, Oct 8, 2019 at 11:04 AM.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

Normally this time of year, on an evening scout I would find fields holding 5-20,000 mallards in groups of 20 to 10,000 , dispersed around certain lakes and feeding areas. Last four scouts I didn't see 20 ducks total. Total bust this year except for snow geese. They are giving us the only entertainment right now, but man are they work.

cam likes this.
  2. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

was just asking what you think the ducks have done already been thru or not yet . thanks

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

They never made it this far in the spring. Too wet down south and birds never needed to fly farther north.

cam likes this.
  4. kdog

kdog Elite Refuge Member

? So they are south of you

5. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Wonder why they started having duck season, or duck hunting period, in the fall and winter.
    The more I watch these guys, though they do have some legitimate claims, for the most part they’ve lost alot of their validity, with me.....so far. It’s obvious that they’re studies butt heads with Mickey’s and Larry’s.

6. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

The selective data they use to 'prove' their point doesn't tell you the entire story. If I use the same data source and ask about the TOTAL number of ducks for say the period of 1995 to 2016 (2016 was as far as the data went) it tells a different picture.

I'll post it up later...got other biznezz to take care of at the moment.

7. HJP12

HJP12 Refuge Member

I was in Cape Girardeau all weekend and the migration of specks never stopped. Flock after flock all day yesterday and today. Fun to watch

8. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing Elite Refuge Member

In the tree stand this morning next to a small flooding saw probably 100 wood ducks, a few teal, and a handful of mallards. Same spot a week ago I saw less than 10 birds.

Also heard a few groups of specks but never saw them.