Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Hatch

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Drakes Landing, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

2. Midtennhtr

Midtennhtr New Member

I just checked his info with the weather website I use and he's spot on. It was June 10th before they had consistent highs above freezing in Coral Harbour. The high temperature in the whole month of May was 31! Without having any on the ground confirmation to back it up i'd have to say he may be correct unfortunately. I've read several times that the main hatch takes place Late May-Early June and the weather in the span of those several weeks can have a huge impact on the hatch results. Hoping we get some sort of confirmation stating otherwise but the weather doesn't paint a good picture.

3. swifthunter

swifthunter Refuge Member

They don't start nesting until the start of June and if I remember right they need their eggs on the ground by June 10-12 in order for enough time to get the young strong enough to make the flight.

4. Scal les

Scal les Senior Refuge Member

5. Scal les

Scal les Senior Refuge Member

Nephew lives in Fairbanks, I get a report from him in August on hatch,hes been some what close on the hatch report, cargo pilot not a survey.