Heading down to visit the in-laws over X-mass

Discussion in 'Texas Flyway Forum' started by no harm-no fowl, Oct 12, 2021.

1. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Elite Refuge Member

I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind if I tagged along for a day or two waterfowl hunting with them. Looking for something with-in 3 or 4 hours of Houston. I can pull more than my own weight, gas money, picking up or putting out decoys, boat handling. I have 40 years experience chasing ducks and geese. I would really appreciate a chance to get out a little. We will be in the area Dec. 27th through the 1st. I will have everything I need, gun, waders, headlamp, Just need to meet some new friends. Thanks for your consideration. PM me or call 937-726-5746, ask for Dan.

2. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Elite Refuge Member

I'm kind'a surprised by the lack of response to my request. Most places there are at least a couple of guys that will respond. Just curious.

3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

4. texduk3

texduk3 Senior Refuge Member

not hunting currently

5. bgk

bgk Senior Refuge Member

Waterfowl hunting is just about a thing of the past in the once famous rice country in Texas. Over the last 3 years, I’ve killed exactly 3 ducks total and no geese on the same property/ area that I hunted for 40 years. Guides, water issues, decline in rice acreage have turned Eagle Lake and surrounding prairies into ghost towns for waterfowl. SAD!

texduk3 likes this.
  6. texduk3

texduk3 Senior Refuge Member

.the reasons for me skipping Lissie this year.

7. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Senior Refuge Member

I’m not sure what it was like before, but nowadays I’d consider TX the best duck hunting in the US. It is world class. Wish I could have seen it 40 yrs ago, if you think there’s no birds now.

I’ve hunted all over the Central and Miss Flyway and nowhere is even close to TX.