Help old timers disease, forgot!!

rosevilleredneck

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some one [in the past] posted about a sealer or glue that is water proof and dries fast. With all the posts about leaky waders I think I will need some.

JohnBZ

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
For neoprene one of them is aquaseal + neo. It is a cement that is fully ready to go in 10 minutes per the tube. It sets very fast. It chemically welds neoprene and is a permanent repair. It used to be called seal cement. Its been used on wet suits for years but it has never caught on for waders.

dubob

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some one [in the past] posted about a sealer or glue that is water proof and dries fast. With all the posts about leaky waders I think I will need some.
The only product you will ever need to seal leaky waders is FLEXSEAL (I use clear). For seam leaks, I spray it on the inside and the outside in the general area of the leak. It works on all wader material types. For a tear or puncture leak, I use the FLEXSEAL TAPE on the inside only. I've found that when used on the outside, the corners of the tape catch on brush & whatnot and start to peal back. It doesn't do that when put on the inside. You're welcome! :tu

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
I think you were trying to remember SG-20.

Two part sealer, that mixes in the syringe as you apply. Your waders are ready to go in 5 minutes.

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
For neoprene one of them is aquaseal + neo. It is a cement that is fully ready to go in 10 minutes per the tube. It sets very fast. It chemically welds neoprene and is a permanent repair. It used to be called seal cement. Its been used on wet suits for years but it has never caught on for waders.

Aquaseal is not Seal Cement, but more of a glue. Seal and Block Surf are both neoprene cements that melt and, essentially, weld neoprene. And quicker than Aqua Seal.

JohnBZ

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Aquaseal is not Seal Cement, but more of a glue. Seal and Block Surf are both neoprene cements that melt and, essentially, weld neoprene. And quicker than Aqua Seal.
You are mistaken. Aquaseal + neo is not the same as aquaseal. It is indeed contact cement. seal cement was picked up by aquaseal and the name was changed

Last edited:

JohnBZ

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
20191026_195352.jpg

callinfowl

MEGA.
Reaction score
Aqua seal sure is for sealing up seals and small holes. Yes it's also used to glue neo together but it is great for sealing up holes, seams and tears. Get the UV and it cures 3X as fast.

upload_2019-10-27_1-31-31.jpeg

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You are mistaken. Aquaseal + neo is not the same as aquaseal. It is indeed contact cement. seal cement was picked up by aquaseal and the name was changed

Ahh... Gotcha. Must of read through the "+ neo" or been thrown by "used to be Seal Cement," which is something I keep in the freezer along with Aqua Seal (and 3M 5200):
alligator stuff mostly 019.JPG

Hadn't heard of the + neo version or that Seal Cement is no longer available. Just knew Seal Cement has stomped the original Aquaseal for bonding neoprene.