Here we go again. Texas school shooting

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score

Tough read. A lot of people need to be relieved from their duty (or lack thereof).
That is a tough read. Those with experience understand that leadership is not a science. Sometimes deciding when to take action and what action to take is best done intuitively and waiting for perfect information is a failure mode. The amalgamation of balls and brains is an important factor in leadership that is too often not understood. Take Joe Biden for example…

slimm21

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That is a tough read. Those with experience understand that leadership is not a science. Sometimes deciding when to take action and what action to take is best done intuitively and waiting for perfect information is a failure mode. The amalgamation of balls and brains is an important factor in leadership that is too often not understood. Take Joe Biden for example…
Not only leadership, but training and/or lack of response from others on the scene other than the leader too:

Since the massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, in 1999, an evolving and increasingly detailed body of training on mass shootings instructs police to confront shooters as soon as possible — even at the risk of officers’ lives.

By the time Arredondo called dispatch, at least 11 officers had entered the school and at least two are seen in the video carrying rifles. But Arredondo told the dispatcher that he didn’t have the firepower to confront the lone gunman, according to a transcript reviewed by The Texas Tribune.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Not only leadership, but training and/or lack of response from others on the scene other than the leader too:

Since the massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, in 1999, an evolving and increasingly detailed body of training on mass shootings instructs police to confront shooters as soon as possible — even at the risk of officers’ lives.

By the time Arredondo called dispatch, at least 11 officers had entered the school and at least two are seen in the video carrying rifles. But Arredondo told the dispatcher that he didn’t have the firepower to confront the lone gunman, according to a transcript reviewed by The Texas Tribune.
In the Uvalde example, maybe I missed it, but I didn't see much in the way of criticism of officer operational training. Still, even if there could have been more training, I wonder if a small city could be reasonably expected to anticipate such a level of craziness as they experienced. I still view this as a failure of leadership where Arredondo was likely in a job that was mostly kickback time, but suddenly he was in over his head; but then maybe I've seen too much of Joe's failings and my critical ability has become numbed.

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In the Uvalde example, maybe I missed it, but I didn't see much in the way of criticism of officer operational training. Still, even if there could have been more training, I wonder if a small city could be reasonably expected to anticipate such a level of craziness as they experienced. I still view this as a failure of leadership where Arredondo was likely in a job that was mostly kickback time, but suddenly he was in over his head; but then maybe I've seen too much of Joe's failings and my critical ability has become numbed.

You hit the nail on the head, it was a kickback job to him, but leadership in law enforcement is never a kickback job, he was incompetent, criminally so, looking for keys he should have ? Not even knowing there were no door locks on the door ?

His kickback job cost everyone of those lives, his only job was school security, his and the school leaderships attitude on security and safety helped bring this harvest of death.

At this point you wonder which parent focuses their grief and blame on him.

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

How do you keep making this about Biden? It’s the conservative equivalent of TDS at this stage.

What the police did (or did not do) at Uvalde is a national embarrassment and at least Arredondo should be ran out of town.

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Don't have to make it up. Just stop at the gas station or go to the grocery store.

The gas station has nothing to do with Uvalde, nor does Biden. At least the police chief pussed out and probably a few others. The police chief should be criminally liable for standing and hearing kids get gunned down.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
How do you keep making this about Biden? It’s the conservative equivalent of TDS at this stage.
Are ya sayin' that Joe's feelings are hurt and now the narrative is that TDS was not okay?