Here we go again. Texas school shooting

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Are ya sayin' that Joe's feelings are hurt and now the narrative is that TDS was not okay?

I couldn’t care less about Joe’s feelings. What does annoy me is people so simple minded they view everything through a political lens. The initial responding officers clearly bîtched out but somehow it’s about Biden.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
but somehow it’s about Biden.
The whole tone of where our country is today is set by Biden and his crew ...unless of course we accept that Joe is a tool following directions. In that case Joe is indeed a mere symbol and otherwise useless. It would be helpful if the Dems would just admit that. Aaannd after the Trump beat down days it appears that the new crew somehow forgot about the old truism of "what goes around comes around". It's that never ending cycle at play. Hang in there, the next cycle for the Dems might come around in 8 or 10 years. It's just a matter of waiting it out.

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
so simple minded they view everything through a political lens.
Hard not to when the lion's share of issues we now face are presented through a political lens. Just trying to mind my own business and expecting the same from others has me labeled as a white supremacist. If I show up to a school board meeting and take issue with some woke BS like providing a litter box to students that have no idea they are human, I'd be on a government watch list if not outright arrested for being a domestic terrorist. Will my grandaughter have to compete against biological males pretending to be women? Yesterday it came out that it would probably be ok as long as the trans student started chemically treating themselves before the age of 12! Hope my grandkids aren't even in the same building with anyone fostering that value system. Me either. Sick freaking people. I get daily 'political lens' reminders like the price of gas and groceries along with all 3 of my daughters trying to find formula while my investments are losing money for the first time ever. I'm suffering through a current administration that would like nothing better than to make health decisions for me and tried. Failed but pretty sure they haven't abandoned that front Another front that will be revisited is The Ministry of Truth that wanted to censor anything I say. It also failed but it was the thought that counted especially the fact that it was a division of Homeland Security. Lately it's been a barrage of rainbows and fairy dust that concern me with regards to my grandchildren as well as wondering if they will see adulthood without having to learn chinese. Biden is trying to limit ammo availability and also wants to ban something I have a right to by being born while Federal agencies like the IRS are stockpiling ammo, something that Biden says I don't need to do. That doesn't seem suspicious? My 'political lens' recently has been irritated by the fact that although I responsibly paid for my education I also seem to be on the hook for degrees in gender studies and medieval European weapons that somehow or other can't seem to pay for themselves. As I pan about with my 'political lens' I see open borders that contribute to increased crime and dangerous drugs, and a SC justice that can't define what a woman is appointed obviously not for her experience but simply for the color of her skin. Everyday is a new hypocrisy which I wouldn't worry about to much except in the last few years I've become painfully aware of how large of a segment of the population truly has a disconnect from the principles this country was founded on and total ignorance of history. Their ignorance will manifest itself at the voting booth which will ultimately degrade the standard of living and level of freedom for me and my children Almost as complacent are the ones that have a blasé attitude about the current political environment not realizing that in large part it is related to where we are at now.
To not see the present through a 'political lens' with an eye on what tomorrow brings is foolish. Or, if you will, simple minded. And there might be some bearing on the fact that this is a political forum.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head, it was a kickback job to him, but leadership in law enforcement is never a kickback job, he was incompetent, criminally so, looking for keys he should have ? Not even knowing there were no door locks on the door ?

His kickback job cost everyone of those lives, his only job was school security, his and the school leaderships attitude on security and safety helped bring this harvest of death.

At this point you wonder which parent focuses their grief and blame on him.
I agree the heck w/suing the gun mfg'r, sue the City & the the Police Dept.'s!

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
These cops were doing what they were trained to do. Set up a perimeter and wait it out. It is a strategy based on CYA, you can't get sued if you don't do the wrong thing.

People are under the mistaken belief that when they call 911, the cops are going to come in,kick down the door,guns blazing and come to the rescue.

They are not. They are going to surround the house. Prevent escape, and either arrest or kill the hostile when they leave the house. Or he kills himself.

We need to the police to train for this like it is a military operation. Because it is. When there is a school shooting, every cop needs to enter the building and engage the shooter as soon as possible. Not wait for back up, not wait for the swat team, not wait for the hostage negotiator. Pivot and charge the enemy. For while the enemy is fighting the cop, he is not murdering the children. If past behavior is any indication, most of the time as soon as a armed response shows up, the coward kills himself.

We need a change in tactics. I am not going to be over harsh on the Uvalde police. They are doing what they were trained to do by the bean counters and the lawyers. You fight like you train.

We need to change the training, the tactics and the mindset of the men that will be the first on the scene at a school shooting. And leave one armed deputy at every school.

slimm21

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Per the article, since the late 90's the tactics have changed, though it is uncertain if the Uvalde police had that training or not. Which begs the question if they are going to have big boy toys like shields and rifles but not use them, seems like a waste of resources.

I'm not certain the specific Oath one takes to be a police officer there, but many use some form of "protect", "serve" "courage" etc...standing behind your shield in the hallway while a slaughter is ongoing is none of the above. The "good guys" that had guns that were actually being paid to be "good guys with guns" did nothing. They are not fit to serve their community, failed, and need to be held accountable.

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
These cops were doing what they were trained to do. Set up a perimeter and wait it out. It is a strategy based on CYA, you can't get sued if you don't do the wrong thing.

People are under the mistaken belief that when they call 911, the cops are going to come in,kick down the door,guns blazing and come to the rescue.

They are not. They are going to surround the house. Prevent escape, and either arrest or kill the hostile when they leave the house. Or he kills himself.

We need to the police to train for this like it is a military operation. Because it is. When there is a school shooting, every cop needs to enter the building and engage the shooter as soon as possible. Not wait for back up, not wait for the swat team, not wait for the hostage negotiator. Pivot and charge the enemy. For while the enemy is fighting the cop, he is not murdering the children. If past behavior is any indication, most of the time as soon as a armed response shows up, the coward kills himself.

We need a change in tactics. I am not going to be over harsh on the Uvalde police. They are doing what they were trained to do by the bean counters and the lawyers. You fight like you train.

We need to change the training, the tactics and the mindset of the men that will be the first on the scene at a school shooting. And leave one armed deputy at every school.

Those police did not do as they were trained for, the schools police chief failed to do his job, he was and is a failure, the results of his failure are now buried in the ground of that town.

The school police trained not long ago for this very thing, they did not follow that training, this is standard training now, more importantly it should be every school police force number one priority, that is the point of having ones own L/E onsite.

Lack of leadership and worry about possibly hitting a kid while shooting an armed individual running toward an entrance to the school got us here.

Leave an armed deputy at every school, like they had at Parkland, hiding outside ????? :doh

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You have wonder just much worse this is going to get and were told to let the professionals handle it, they will protect you,

1655918033648.png

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Those police did not do as they were trained for, the schools police chief failed to do his job, he was and is a failure, the results of his failure are now buried in the ground of that town.

The school police trained not long ago for this very thing, they did not follow that training, this is standard training now, more importantly it should be every school police force number one priority, that is the point of having ones own L/E onsite.

Lack of leadership and worry about possibly hitting a kid while shooting an armed individual running toward an entrance to the school got us here.

Leave an armed deputy at every school, like they had at Parkland, hiding outside ????? :doh
They did train to handle this situation, however, there are two rules of engagement.

1)If it is a active shooter, they go in.

2)If the shooter is no longer active, treat it as a hostage situation.

The problem is that when you have two sets of rules, then the rules are subject to confusion and misinterpretation. The cops pulled up, heard no shots, went into hostage mode.

There needs to be one rule.

1)Go in and take out the hostile. No matter what. While he is fighting cops, he is not killing kids.

Latest posts